corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Speaker mounting depth & amp question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speaker mounting depth & amp question
mwg

User status: Offline
28th Feb 05 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am right in thinking I have got a maximum speaker mounting depth of 62mm in a Corsa B? Where can I find out the mounting depth of speakers so I know which ones will fit without door builds? Looking putting in some Focal Access 165A components that I'll be running off an Alpine T420 amp that I just managed to get off ebay for a very good price
Ive been told Ill have to turn the gains down in order not to blow the speakers up running them off this amp. How do I turn the gains down on the amp? Its all french to me but if someone can tell me how to do it then I'll be able to sort it out
Dom

28th Feb 05 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup 62mm WITH adaptors Look up focal website and look on tech specs for info on depths etc. However, majority of focals will need door pods

Gains are a simple control on the amp itself - it will all be in the manual etc
mwg

1st Mar 05 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is all Ive been able to find as the Focal website doesnt seem to be working

Focal Access 165A
2-way separate, Woofer: 165mm, Voice Coil: 25mm, Magnet: 72mm, Tweeter: Tioxyd TN 47, Crossover: 2-way 12dB/octave (with adjustable tweeter level), Max. power handling: 120W, Nom. power handling .: 60W, Sensitivity: (2,83 V/1m) : 92dB, Frequency response: 60Hz-20KHz

When it says magnet 72mm its talking about the diameter of the magnet rather than the depth of the magnet isnt it? Anyone know the depth of them? They look a lot shallower than other Focal speakers Ive seen
AdiSRI

1st Mar 05 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the diameter, i personally think they will fit, but cant guarentee it for you. Focal dont seem to list their mounting depths, y not ring focal up and ask?
AdiSRI

1st Mar 05 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i have found it.....

the mounting depth is 66.2 mm on the 165A's

However the 130A's are 57.2mm so they might be a better choice.
mwg

1st Mar 05 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ye I reckon they should fit but I'll phone Focal or send them an email to ask about the depth. What do I need to ask for so I get the right dimension of them? The speaker mounting depth?

Noticed Iaz has some audioscape door builds for sale that would fit these in nicely if they wont go in using the standard autoleads adaptor
mwg

1st Mar 05 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^^ posted before I saw your 2nd post Adi.
Do you think there will be enough room behind the plastic door panel to space them out a bit off the adaptor 5mm so they clear the window or is space very tight?
AdiSRI

1st Mar 05 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u pull the speaker out any then the rubber flange will rub on the plastic door card piece (might do even without) so no you deffo cant space them any without butchering the plastic cover.
mwg

1st Mar 05 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok so Im gonna have to do some surgery on the door card which I can do as I have a spare set that I could work on.
Say if I went for the 130A's am I going to noticeably lose any sound quality or volume with them being smaller?
Dom

1st Mar 05 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even at 50 odd like my infinity's with adaptors, the rubber presses against the grill - hence why ive had to sand down the verticle struts on the back of the grill to stop damage etc (although this just causes the whole lot to vibrate ).

tbh, if you a bit handy with fibreglass, then mark out the diameter of the speaker on the grill, cut it out and then mould in the speakers grill (that came with them) into the original corsa pocket - should stop it the rubber rubbing

Although as for speaker size, small mid range just means less bass response - although if you have a sub you wont notice anything anyways Just make sure you setup the filter correctly etc
mwg

1st Mar 05 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im no good with fibreglass but my Uncle is so it will be no problem for him to do that for me
loo_goblin

1st Mar 05 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hopefully flamings audioscape speaker things will bring the depth up enough for my focal K2P's

New Poll