corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » mmmmm 2 problems :S

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mmmmm 2 problems :S
Matt L

User status: Offline
9th Sep 06 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1) iv just swapped the bulbs in the mfd and one of the screws that holds it down fell down into the fan part. iv tried my fans on all the settings and cant hear anythin. will this be ok or will i need to get it out???

2) also my hazzard lights switch is being gay if it turns on and then i press it it wont go off and then if its off and i press it it wont go on so i have to take the switch off and press it that way to get it to work.

any help with either of these problems would be greatly appreciated.

cheers matt

edited because it made no sense

[Edited on 09-09-2006 by Matt L]
vx.racing

9th Sep 06 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have taken the hazard lights plug out and put it back in then you may have put it in upside down, which will cause it to stick when you try switching it.
Matt L

9th Sep 06 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah right cool ill try takin it out and turnin it round cheers.

edit even though i dont think i took it out but its worth a try.

[Edited on 09-09-2006 by Matt L]
SHARPY

9th Sep 06 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you removed the heater control panel it wont be fitted back properly as my hazard switch did that when i replaced the heater bulbs ... worth a try if you've had it to bits that is
Planty02

9th Sep 06 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the same problem with my hazards when i sprayed my centre panel. I know this is a bit vague but bear with cos it was a while ago but mine did it because i forgot to put 2 screws back in that held the front facia to the white plastic behind...have a look to make sure thyre in - should be brassy coloured ones - This will only have happened if you have taken the centre panel off, if you have then take it out again and check for the missing screws holding the front panel to the white plastic behind

[Edited on 09-09-2006 by Planty02]

[Edited on 10-09-2006 by Planty02]
Planty02

9th Sep 06 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...Also the screw should be fine as long as its not catching in the fans or anything (sounds like its not)
Matt L

10th Sep 06 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the screw isnt amking any noises so i think thats fine. as for the hazard lights i havent tried anything yet. all i did was take the vent things out anf stick them back in once id changed the bulbs.
Matt L

10th Sep 06 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and i never did replace the screw. so its missin a screw that holds the mffd down
SHARPY

10th Sep 06 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure the clips that hold the heater panel on are clipped on aswell, when i did mine and the hazard switch wouldent turn off i found the panel wasnt clipped on properly
Planty02

10th Sep 06 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try replacing the screw before trying anything else - maybe pinch a screw out of one of the side pockets or somewhere
Matt L

11th Sep 06 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think ill check it out on wednesday.
Matt L

12th Sep 06 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put the screw in and its still the same but i think i know whats wrong with it; i just dont know how to sort it out. how to explain. rite if you take the switch off theres supposed to be a very small gap around the thing that you puch in and i think that when iv taken the vents out iv pushed them in so the switch wont go down far enough.
i hope that makes a bit of sense.
any ideas on what to do.
cheers matt

New Poll