corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Could Vauxhall bring back the 4x4 Turbo.......... well........

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Could Vauxhall bring back the 4x4 Turbo.......... well........
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Nov 05 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just imagine how well vw would have done marketing the 1.8T GTI syncro here

and how much the S3 and A3 1.8T sport quattros are in demand

definitely a market for it

ford will build a 4wd focus rs and it will sell shitloads, vauxhall need to do the same and they know it
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
30th Nov 05 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ford and Vauxhall both must know that they have run out of power hikes in a FWD car.
Robin
Premium Member

30th Nov 05 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, as all the motoring press are stating to really lay into anything over 220bhp and FWD

theres no real reason why vauxhall shouldnt build it really, as the 4wd system could be used in lower power models for the european markets, like bmw and vw often sell

and then there is the option of a crossover vehicle too, ehich people seem to like for some reason

if they could get it on the road for under £22k, people would buy it
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Nov 05 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If Audi can give you a 6 speed 4x4 A4 for £1400 more than the standard one, I'm sure Vauxhall can do the same. Might even be worth losing a few grand per car making something legendary.

If they're stuck for other models to put it in then the cabrio would be a good start. I like mine and in lieu of anything similar at the money I'm keeping it, 4x4 VXR cabrio would be reason to book some overtime though
Robin
Premium Member

30th Nov 05 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and i suppose the transmission system could be adapted for the new vectra too, which would be a major money spinner for them

even the Corsa "D" could benefit

[Edited on 30-11-2005 by robmarriott]
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Nov 05 at 22:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Corsa D would benefit, they would sell Corsa D VXR to anyone who doesn't have Astra VXR 4x4 money, and they would sell Corsa D SXR with free insurance to everyone who can't insure anything else.
Robin
Premium Member

30th Nov 05 at 22:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think me and you need to work for the vauxhall marketing department Ian, we'd make them loadsa money!
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Nov 05 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its hardly rocket science, they have the hurdle of making a reliable 4x4 system to contend with first
Robin
Premium Member

30th Nov 05 at 22:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true

cant be that hard
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Dec 05 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully its not for this silly thing.

http://www.infomotori.com/a_38_IT_353_2.html
Doug

1st Dec 05 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You never know ian They might be making astras with snow driving capabliities so it might be a test mule
ed

1st Dec 05 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe they want to sell Vx's in the US or Canada... Everything overthere needs to be 4x4 before anyone would even consider buying it... Oh, I suppose it would need a V6 rather an a 2.0 turbo too...
X 60RSA

26th Jun 06 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any news on this as yet anyone!?
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Jun 06 at 23:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Latest rumour was this was for a Zafira soft road Megane Scenic RX4 type of thing rather than a solution to delivering big power to an Astra chassis.
Lil_John
Banned

26th Jun 06 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall suck, they must be thinking of it surely?
Ry_B
Banned

27th Jun 06 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I remember rightly...so don't shoot me if Im wrong, but I THINK that this was just an old rumour, I'm sure I remember seeing those pics a long time ago?
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Jun 06 at 00:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know they're on about building SUV stuff, check my post in earlier in this thread. They also have a new Frontera to bring to the UK which will either look like this

this

or this

Depending who you listen to. Last one isn't actually a Frontera I think, despite the web address.
Ry_B
Banned

27th Jun 06 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The "frontera" looks like a Chrysler Crossfire on stilts
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Jun 06 at 00:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the top one best. The middle one is completely uninspired and the bottom one a bit soft.
Ry_B
Banned

27th Jun 06 at 01:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THe middle one looks like the rest of the VX range...

I agree the top one looks best but doesn't fit in with the rest of the range right

Eck
Premium Member

27th Jun 06 at 01:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
but its all about releasing something fresh looking, not keeping things the same as current cars, otherwise we would all be driving round in 2005 ford granada's

he has a point there. this lineup of vauxhalls wouldn't even be here if they didn't break the mould
Ry_B
Banned

27th Jun 06 at 01:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
but its all about releasing something fresh looking, not keeping things the same as current cars, otherwise we would all be driving round in 2005 ford granada's

I know it is, but they change the look at the same time across the board, eg:

The mk4 astra shared looks with the mk1 Vectra, the latest shape astra shares looks with the latest shape vectra. They don't just randomly change the overall looks of one model.

Think/hope that makes sense?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Could Vauxhall bring back the 4x4 Turbo.......... well........ 23 database queries in 0.1910791 seconds