corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Exhaust manifold

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exhaust manifold
Teknologikal

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 06 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About to drop 1.6 Astra (C16SE) engine into my (currently) 1.4 Corsa SRi. Quick question about exhaust manifold though; will the 1.4 fit on or am I best off trying to find a manifold from a 1.6 Corsa Sport. My brother tells me the holes inside the manifold will restrict the outlet.

Also, we've just done a Cavvy SRI EcoTech 2.0 16v to Redtop 2.0 16v conversion today so he's got the ET lump sat around and also 2.0 8v lump. I'm toying with the idea of a 2 ltr conversion for my Corsa. Which engine would you use? Out of curiosity....
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Sep 06 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.6 sport inlet wont work, use the 1.4 one, it'll be fine.

as for the 2 litre, go with the X20XEV, its bound to be newer than the 8v.
Teknologikal

3rd Sep 06 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Rob, was just curious what people thought about the Ecotech.

So the exhaust manifold AND inlet from my 1.4 will do fine? I will definitely have to change the exhaust manifold but now you got me wondering about the inlet?

1.4 is coming out tomorrow and looking likely I'll stick to the 1.6 at least for now :-D

[Edited on 03-09-2006 by Teknologikal]

New Poll