corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread
Robbo

User status: Offline
14th Sep 06 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C0rsa
Glad to see people enjoying Sunday league this season!!!

I'm only able to be a supporter this seaon!! Week before first game of the season we had training and went in for a 50-50 and BANG unbelievable pain!!

Leg was all over the place!! Broke my Tib & Fib!! Have had a nail put down the middle of my tib from my knee to ankle 2 screws each end!!

6 weeks on crutches followed by minimum of 6 months of physio twice a week!!

Absolutely gutted!! Was statring to feel like i was playing well again as well!

Think that is me and sunday league finished now!! Broke my Jaw in a tackle last year!!

Dont think my mum, g/f or boss will be too pleased if i make a come back!!!

[Edited on 13-09-2006 by C0rsa]
|mate of mine broke his tib fib and ankle at wkend (not playing footy but hes out for the next 18 mths!)

very nasrty
Robbo

14th Sep 06 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
Robbo - good idea mate. Like i said I'm not a fighter or anything like that but I know how to headbutt might take him by surprise if he starts again the little shit.
Im the same mate, dont like fighting and probly get my head kicked in but a tough mate always said jus headbutt em... im quite a big lad (tallish anyhoo) so enough to get em in the nose, surprises em, breaks their nose (probly) and lays em out all in 1

[Edited on 14-09-2006 by Robbo]
--Dave--
Banned

14th Sep 06 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Footy training tonight and apparently the manager has something he wants to get off his chest... I reckon he's gonna tell Ryan (the kid who tried to kill me ) to fcuk off
Robbo

14th Sep 06 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he does then nut him as he walks off in disgrace.. go... oi, ryan... lets not part like this... *extend hand* as he steps in... NUT... hav some of that u cunt
--Dave--
Banned

14th Sep 06 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL
Robbo

14th Sep 06 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

--Dave--
Banned

15th Sep 06 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found out we have a friendly on Sunday against a team that is a league above us but should be good.

Manager has told me that I'm definitely starting up front and that the other striker (Ryan, who tried to throttle me) will be getting a massive bollocking

He didn't show up to training last night so fingers crossed he's fcuked off for good.
Tom

15th Sep 06 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good effort dave, I would've punched him but then fair play taking the moral high ground, looks like he's got what he deserves
--Dave--
Banned

15th Sep 06 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would of loved to smash him one to be honest though
Carl

15th Sep 06 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We played in the cup last Sunday, team a league below, hammered them 7 nothing, i was on the bench and didn't get on, got a lot of new players so wanted to give them a run out. Trying to knuckle down in training and show the manager what i'm cpable of, got training on Sunday but out for a mates birthday Saturday so probably be pathetic on Sunday, any tips on recovery after a heavy session welcomed!
I reckon we will win our division this year though, the centre mid played Semi-pro last year and should still be playing that level but wants to win the league with his mates, he's brought his dad along as manager, which is good as he knows is stuff, (coached Barnsley youth teams for years and still does) Also got a centre back thats an animal in the air, wins everything and also has a grunting noise has he does it! lol!! hes come down from a top side to play with his mates too.
Robbo

16th Sep 06 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might be plauing in my first proper match today... cup game against a team a league higher than us! Our 1st are short though so have suppsoedly stolen half our team so I might be needed!
gianluigi

16th Sep 06 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i sometimes find i play better after a night out and some alcohol still in my system
--Dave--
Banned

16th Sep 06 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not drinking on saturday nights full stop
Carl

16th Sep 06 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm trying not to, it's my best mates birthday though, and its training, the thing is i need to impress in training to try and get in the team more often. Going to try not get hammered but if i drop out of rounds i'll just get heckled as being tight.
Robbo

16th Sep 06 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cup game today... we (Aston) are in Div 3 (4th Div) and Duck Ressies are 1st Div (2nd Div) so bear that in mind

This was my report!

Aston FC Reserves 0 - 5 Ducklington Reserves

Good match, we held them for 60 minutes but their class showed at the end and we tired with no subs and with an unfamiliar line up with about 5/6 regulars upped to the 1st's or unable to play... they manged to bag 3 goals and then brought 2 subs on and popped a few more in in the last few minutes... played ina good spiirt other than a few slight encounters...

Think we can hold our heads up... we played 5-4-1 for a while and were doing very well before the floodgates opened... we switched to 4-4-2 after the 1st goal in an effort to claw our way through but as said, Duck were a good team and it showed after a while (even without the several 1st teamers they had in in!)
Robbo

16th Sep 06 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I played an hour Monday night, Thursday night and Friday lunchtime + 2 hours Tuesday night so was fucked after todays match Feet are officially Dead RIP Robbo's feet
gianluigi

17th Sep 06 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got back from our match this morning. We played really well, and won 5-1 against a team that won 8-1 2 weeks ago and drew with the league favourites last week. so we boosted our confidence, and made an excellent start to the season!

oh!

wait for it

drum roll please

*brrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmm*

I scored and set up 2

my second assist was Ronaldinho-esq, love it
AndyW

17th Sep 06 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

played AWFUL today, we lost 5-3 was 5-0 down in 1st half brought it back we miised a couple of sitters but i was crap i hate playing bad puts me in a bad mood all day
J da Silva

17th Sep 06 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a great game today, both the Moraedes brothers scored in a 3-0 win over a team in our Premier in a knockout cup

TMFC 3 - 0 Aughton FC
Jizinho 2
Jordinho
--Dave--
Banned

17th Sep 06 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Luigi/Jizinho

We had our friendly today against a team 1 division higher than us.

40 minutes in I scored from a free kick , then just after the break they equalised.

Play was stopped for a good quarter of an hour because someone dislocated their knee i heard it click and i was standing about 20 yards away nobody from our team though.

10 minutes before the end I decided to take a long throw in and we scored from it. 5 minutes after that we did exactly the same thing . Won 3-1 in the end.

Have a massive burn/mark on my thigh from sliding around, hurts like fcuk and can hardly move

Other than that it's all good
James

17th Sep 06 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of our defenders scored from our own half today
gianluigi

17th Sep 06 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sig updated
J da Silva

17th Sep 06 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After 3 games played in Sunday league I've scored 4.
After 7 games in Saturday County Seniors I've scored 11, I'm getting the golden fookin boot this year.
gianluigi

17th Sep 06 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

such an inconveniance to have a great footballing talent
J da Silva

17th Sep 06 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe I should've explained, for the last two years I've set off with a good amount of goals, then lost out Sammy Eto'o style on the last game.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread 23 database queries in 0.3017979 seconds