corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread
messham11

User status: Offline
11th Sep 06 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We drew 2-2 in our 1st match in the prem, got on the scoresheet from centre back!! We played ok, http://www.soccerweekend.com/afcdonsville

[Edited on 12-09-2006 by messham11]
--Dave--
Banned

11th Sep 06 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mate the manager was one of the ones trying to pull him off.

He put both his hands round my throat and I couldn't breath thinking about it i should have just grabbed his fingers and ripped them off
Marcus_Foster

11th Sep 06 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave, it sounds to me that this bloke is in the team but not a team player.

In our team we all very friendly and support eachother as a team should do.

I hope your manager seen or hears about this fool and kicks him off the team for good, even if he is your best player.
gianluigi

11th Sep 06 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what did the manager say to him?
--Dave--
Banned

11th Sep 06 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marcus, thats exactly it mate. He's quite a good player but gets on everyone's backs when they fcuk up. He can't take criticism himself which is why he had a go at me. Obviously not used to people talking back to him.

I don't know what the manager said as I walked off pretty fast. Didn't want to stick around with that fool.

Manager called me about an hour later asking if i was alright. He said he wasn't gonna stand for it even though the two of them have been friends for around 20 years

We'll see what happens I guess.
James

11th Sep 06 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not playing this season because of uni but my team have had the following results.............

3-1 Friendly Win
9-0 Friendly Win
6-0 Friendly Win
4-0 League Win
gianluigi

11th Sep 06 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave, we have a carbon copy of that player in our team. his attitude is exactly the same. he's the one who took the penalty off me
--Dave--
Banned

11th Sep 06 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hate players like that Luigi. Piss me off.

What makes him think he can do that to me? I could of been a cnut and swung for him but I'm not like that.

When someone tackles him he hates it. Says its a foul when it's blatently not. Then he'll 2-foot someone in training and expect to get away with it, then call us all pussies because we can't take hard tackles wtf
gianluigi

11th Sep 06 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if hes like that on the pitch, whats he like in real life? when he's pissed? at work? dread to think.
James

11th Sep 06 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sort him out Dave
James

11th Sep 06 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get ClaireF to write him a letter, once he's read the first line, he'll want to kill himself

[Edited on 11-09-2006 by James]
--Dave--
Banned

11th Sep 06 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL

Who knows Luigi, he's a bit of a loose cannon imo. Think the manager will tell him to leave because if he doesn't, I will.
James

11th Sep 06 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am rubbish at football I'm not fit enough, gunna sort myself out ready for next season though
Marcus_Foster

11th Sep 06 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave you are welcome to join my football team but i might be along drive
--Dave--
Banned

11th Sep 06 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the offer mate but yeah it would be a bit of a drive

I really want to keep on playing and I'm not letting this little punk push me out of the team
gianluigi

11th Sep 06 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what would you do if he apologised but it seemed forced?
--Dave--
Banned

11th Sep 06 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure mate, was thinking this today. We have had a few run ins before and he has apologised to me in the past.

I will obviously accept his apology but perhaps suggest we don't talk anymore he doesn't like me, I don't like him, everyone knows where they stand and that's that.

Not really the way 2 strikers should work
Robbo

11th Sep 06 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave, next time he does it headbutt him, u dont need to be big or strong but it'll floor him!! You'll get a headahce though!
hack3tt

13th Sep 06 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad to see people enjoying Sunday league this season!!!

I'm only able to be a supporter this seaon!! Week before first game of the season we had training and went in for a 50-50 and BANG unbelievable pain!!

Leg was all over the place!! Broke my Tib & Fib!! Have had a nail put down the middle of my tib from my knee to ankle 2 screws each end!!

6 weeks on crutches followed by minimum of 6 months of physio twice a week!!

Absolutely gutted!! Was statring to feel like i was playing well again as well!

Think that is me and sunday league finished now!! Broke my Jaw in a tackle last year!!

Dont think my mum, g/f or boss will be too pleased if i make a come back!!!

[Edited on 13-09-2006 by C0rsa]
Mather.16v

13th Sep 06 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

woohoo i finally signed on for Woodman Wonderers i got my third start (second league game) on sunday

a lad dislocated his knee cap, looked so painful! aswell the hospital is like 100 metres from the pitch and they taken 20 minutes to get there!!

we played last seasons champions(we finished 3rd from bottom), my brother scored early to put us 1-0 up crackin goal from edge of the 18yeard box, we kept it together until half time and played the better football

after then it went down hill when they put there right winger/my mate up front, he then scored 2 to put them ahead

they rulled then game from then on up until the last 10 minutes, we were fighting for an equaliser, our big centre half nodded one in from a corner , a good result from what i thought would be a walk over!!
gianluigi

13th Sep 06 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C0rsa
Glad to see people enjoying Sunday league this season!!!

I'm only able to be a supporter this seaon!! Week before first game of the season we had training and went in for a 50-50 and BANG unbelievable pain!!

Leg was all over the place!! Broke my Tib & Fib!! Have had a nail put down the middle of my tib from my knee to ankle 2 screws each end!!

6 weeks on crutches followed by minimum of 6 months of physio twice a week!!

Absolutely gutted!! Was statring to feel like i was playing well again as well!

Think that is me and sunday league finished now!! Broke my Jaw in a tackle last year!!

Dont think my mum, g/f or boss will be too pleased if i make a come back!!!

ooohhh dude, thats so nasty one of the lads broke his tib & fib last season, was truley awful. hope you make a full recovery soon mate!! take it easy

[Edited on 13-09-2006 by gianluigi]
hack3tt

13th Sep 06 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate!

Definately the worst pain i have ever felt!
Still at least if i am only spectating i can drink as much as i like the night before (once off crutches anyway)!

Doubt my retirement will last long once im able to run again!! Watching is so frustrating!!
--Dave--
Banned

13th Sep 06 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robbo - good idea mate. Like i said I'm not a fighter or anything like that but I know how to headbutt might take him by surprise if he starts again the little shit.

C0rsa - that's horrific mate, hope you make a speedy recovery

I've been fortunate enough to not break anything in my life. If I do it'll probably be in Sunday league

I remember one match where it was almost snowing. Was freezing cold and just after kick off someone kicked the ball square into my jaw. I couldn't move it and seriously thought I'd broke it couldn't speak or anything without sounding like a flid luckily it just seemed to heal

Roll on the new season
hack3tt

13th Sep 06 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Broken jaw was embarassing!!

Had my jaw wired shut for 6 weeks and survived on liquidised food!!
like you said couldnt speak without sounding like a "flid" and was really difficult to get any volume through my teeth and quite often ended up spraying people rather than talking!!

Was a bit of a freak accident, slid to block a shot and the lad carried on his swing after i took the ball and took my face instead!!! unconcious for 5 minutes!! Best bit was we were 7-2 down and only 2 minutes remaining! what you get for being a centre back!!

as soon as you get to the hospital on a sunday afternoon they give you hassle for being "the sunday league rush"!!

Still, hopefully there wont be any more stories of sunday league injury's on here this year!! Although unlikely!

J da Silva

13th Sep 06 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Breaking your leg is painful but dislocating your ankle is worse, but best thing to do is as soon as your fully fit, get your boots back on and get stuck in, there will be a time where you can't walk and you piss yourself, play while you can.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread 23 database queries in 0.1139162 seconds