corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » anyone manage to get refunded for going overdrawn?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anyone manage to get refunded for going overdrawn?
Mistamist

User status: Offline
2nd Aug 06 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who, where, what are they? do they have a number, website?
MikeE

2nd Aug 06 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M15T XE
I have had some serious amounts taken out of my account in the past mostly due to the fact i work in the building trade and occasionally i get paid a few days late, i want my money back, im with lloydstsb, can someone point me in the direction of who i need to speak to first.

cheers

no what u mean with sometimes getting paid late in the building trade
Mistamist

2nd Aug 06 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its annoying because if they never took out the excessive bank charges amounts in the first place i would have had enough money in my account to cover DD that came out.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Aug 06 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M15T XE
who, where, what are they? do they have a number, website?

just natwest lending centre, i assume most banks have them, will need to find out which one for your bank
Bart

2nd Aug 06 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lupogti
Are you sending these letters to your local branch or the head office?

The head office in london.

Where my first letter came from
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Aug 06 at 07:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bart if i get my money back can i kiss your willy?
Bart

3rd Aug 06 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sure.

Im asking for more.
i didnt see it, but aparently there was a big thing on GMTV this morning discussing thse bank charges, and the fact that they are illegal
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Aug 06 at 08:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im going to demand it all back i will feel like the old duck on Ducktales diving into the pit of money
Bart

3rd Aug 06 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bart

3rd Aug 06 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check out this little website

the next few pages on too.
I think i might be starting legal proceedings soon if i dont get my money

*edit* live cases where people are fighting their banks:http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/

the banks wont go to court and risk loosing, otherwise they will end up paying back everysingle customer every single charge

[Edited on 03-08-2006 by Bart]
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Aug 06 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a letter back of barclays today offering me £375 in refunds! Happy with that.
Steve
Premium Member

16th Aug 06 at 16:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got my letter through today

K2 GTi

16th Aug 06 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that the whole amount? If its half don't accept it and they wil pay all back!

I'm about to send mine off in the next through days once I recieve my statements.
Steve
Premium Member

16th Aug 06 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not far off the full amount TBH
Steve
Premium Member

17th Aug 06 at 11:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bart aint seen this yet
Brett
Premium Member

17th Aug 06 at 11:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K2 GTi
Is that the whole amount? If its half don't accept it and they wil pay all back!

I'm about to send mine off in the next through days once I recieve my statements.

So you're goin through with it now then, chief?
K2 GTi

17th Aug 06 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes mate.
Lupogti

23rd Aug 06 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a letter for £250 this morning, i arent sure how much ive payed out in charges so im going to take the money and run
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Aug 06 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like they really dont have any choice, are you lot getting the same? ie "We dont agree but as a gesture of goodwill we will refund?"

not sure where we stand with future charges etc
Lupogti

23rd Aug 06 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes i am with natwest and had almost the exact same letter as posted above, at the bottom it says that any future charges will apply, hence will not be refunded
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Aug 06 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes doesnt make sense TBH, perosnally i think soon they will have to stop but will make up the difference in higher interest rates for going into your overdraft etc
ShEp

23rd Aug 06 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well im having hassle with my bank at the moment,

bank of scotland

i put in £10 fuel into my car at Tesco (pay@pump thing) it took 3days to clear but when the bank 1st looked i had the funds in my account so it went through.

by the time it went through 3days later my account didnt have the funds so they say 'we paid it for you' and as such we have to charge you,

they charged me £30 i thought fair enough i wont be lazy in future ill withdraw from the bank and go pay with cash, but the bank then charged me a further twice for being overdrawn which i believe was they're doing was it not?

i called the bank after work 2day and they said they are willing to refund a maintenance fee which is due to come off next week of £28 but any other charges will stay,

so i said i'd be closingt my account at the end of the month and moving bank,

the woman inm the bank then proceeded to offer to refund the charges to which i said ok, but after wards i still closed my account,

wasnt me who made my account overdrawn so i dont see why i should pay for it.

sorry for the essay, but its been pissing me off for ages now, these cunts making millions!!!

Steve
Premium Member

23rd Aug 06 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all you have to say is can you justify how it costs you £30 for my account to go overdrawn (in reality it costs them pence as its all done by computers) they wont be able to prove how it costs them this much. Then say so basically your fining me then for going overdrawn? They probably wont be able to answer it or have to answer yes. If this is the case then they are performing an illegal act as its only legal to fine someone if they have broken law. Going overdrawn is no breaking the law
ShEp

23rd Aug 06 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it pisses me off cos the money was in my account and its they're fault my account is overdrawn, they made it that way, NOT ME
Leo_Foci

23rd Aug 06 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going through this at the moment, HSBC charged me £50 last week for been overdrawn last month, which i thought was ok.

And now they plan on charging me £125 for overdraft charges.

I phoned HSBC guy was really cocky with me and said if i dont like the services then write to them.

So i have LOL, i've said i dont agree with the charges on my account and think its unfair to charge £25 per day for been over the limit.

I said if the amount stated comes out of my account i will be closing the account. Something along those lines! Letter was sent today so lets see what reply i get, if any

If you need any help have a look through this site, it seems ok!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1141050760,24632

Sorry if someone has already posted it!

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » anyone manage to get refunded for going overdrawn? 22 database queries in 0.0981929 seconds