corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » anyone manage to get refunded for going overdrawn?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anyone manage to get refunded for going overdrawn?
Half Pint

User status: Offline
7th Jul 06 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some banks waver the charge only once a year
Vroompish

8th Jul 06 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mav

Halifax / B of S suck though i hate them

Barclays are worse
Bart

2nd Aug 06 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just to keep people informed, i recieved this letter offering me £125 which will pay for most of my new sound card i think.

Think i might take the money and run
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Aug 06 at 08:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what did u do to get the refund?
Jambo

2nd Aug 06 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to do this!

02 never take my direct debit on the same day each month It came out 2days before i was getting paid (as i do on the same day every month £1k+) i had £8 left in my bank, they refused the DD of £15 and i got charged £38

Fucking cunts!
K2 GTi

2nd Aug 06 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes i have been charged around £300-£400 altogether and had to pay the lot off... it's from getting charged, then adding each month by £30 with Natwest. Can I claim it all back? Even though I paid everything off last month and closed the account down?
Bart

2nd Aug 06 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had paid everything off.

All i did was ring the customer services, explained that i had inherited a charge for going over drawn. explained that my money goes into my bank every 2 weeks as it has done for the last 4 years (and that im on a salary) and im disgusted that i have to pay £30 for going over drawn when they wouldnt even raise my overdraft above £10.

I think said that i had read on a website, possibly the OFT or FSA's website that i could claim the last 6 years charges back.. he coughed and spluttered and said he will get someone to contact me.

Next thing i knew was this letter offering me £125
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Aug 06 at 08:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kool might try it
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Aug 06 at 09:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

call is logged, we shall see what happens
K2 GTi

2nd Aug 06 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve what you say mate?
Bart

2nd Aug 06 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think i should be on commission here
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Aug 06 at 09:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K2 GTi
steve what you say mate?

said that i was charged over £100 one month for charges, a lot of them were only about £5 and that I decided to seek advice as I found the charges "excessive". I said i spoke to the office of fair trading and the FSA who advised i could claim back up to 6 years charges if the banks could not provide me with proof of how it cost them £114 for these menial DD's

i said clearly my salaray goes in once a month so there is no issue with going over slightly, and that I understand the charges are automated, so perhaps if a person looked at them could see they were OTT and look at giving me a refund for them. She never knocked me back straight awy so you never know

[Edited on 02-08-2006 by Steve]
Bart

2nd Aug 06 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like you should get it no prob.

who you bank with Steve?
TNM

2nd Aug 06 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i paid my A&L credit card off a while ago. 7 days later i checked my online statement and it wasnt there and i had been charged for missed payment.

Rang them up and said it had gone from my account 7 days before and it was out of order.
Spoke to his manager who refunded the money stright away.

It some times take over a week to get in to thier system . . . yer right.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Aug 06 at 10:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
Sounds like you should get it no prob.

who you bank with Steve?

natwest
K2 GTi

2nd Aug 06 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm natwest took around £300-£400 off me, but i closed the account a few months ago.. do you think I can still claim?
mark_d
Banned

2nd Aug 06 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went overdrawn a few weeks ago by £2.50 i phoned them up and they still charged me the fuckin £30

do you think writing a letter would help? iv been to the branch and they just told me to do one basically
Bart

2nd Aug 06 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mark_d
i went overdrawn a few weeks ago by £2.50 i phoned them up and they still charged me the fuckin £30

do you think writing a letter would help? iv been to the branch and they just told me to do one basically

naa, just ring them.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Aug 06 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ask them you have sought advise and the advise was unless they can provide proof that it cost the bank £30 for you going £2.50 OD

As far as im aware banks are not allowed to profit from your account apart from the usual interest for borrowing if your in your overdraft
Bart

2nd Aug 06 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im annoyed, ive just been charged £5 for going over my old over draft.. here goes this letter:

quote:

Dear Lawrence,
Thank you for your response regarding the recent complaint I made.

Since I spoke to a Barclays representative almost three weeks ago I have been in contact with the office of fair trading and the FSA who has advised me that I could claim up to six years back unless the bank could prove/show me how its cost you the costs that you have charged me.

For almost two years I have been trying to increase my overdraft for £10 to £50 just use as a simple buffer because of the fact I was living alone and struggled with the dates slightly. Barclays knows full well that for the last 4 years I have been paid every fortnight without fail the same salary (not a varying wage) of which has increased by over £10k (annually) in the last 4 years.

After my complaint I was put through to the department for overdrafts, and the kind assistant managed to increase my overdraft to £50.
I have just checked my statement as of today (02/08/06) and im currently -£34 which is within my agreed overdraft of £50, but yet there is an account fee of £5 on there.
If my new overdraft has not yet been applied to my account, then why has my new overdraft protection payments been applied to the account which was setup with my new overdraft.

With reference to all of the above, I do not feel that £125 is of a satisfactory figure.

I look forward to hearing back from,

Regards
Adam Venn

will let you guys know..

[Edited on 02-08-2006 by Bart]
Lupogti

2nd Aug 06 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you sending these letters to your local branch or the head office?
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Aug 06 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i phoned the lending centre
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Aug 06 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but then i havent heard back yet so ignore what i say unless you hear a positive result

[Edited on 02-08-2006 by Steve]
Mistamist

2nd Aug 06 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have had some serious amounts taken out of my account in the past mostly due to the fact i work in the building trade and occasionally i get paid a few days late, i want my money back, im with lloydstsb, can someone point me in the direction of who i need to speak to first.

cheers
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Aug 06 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i phoned the lending centre

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » anyone manage to get refunded for going overdrawn? 22 database queries in 0.2048309 seconds