corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Got 4 Vectra VXR's at work now............................

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Got 4 Vectra VXR's at work now............................
DarkBahamut

User status: Offline
22nd Jun 06 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaB4ever
is it true that police cars can reverse up to 60mph??

I dont think they 'mod' the cars at all aside from the paint, so only if the car itself already can. Would depend on its gear ratios i guess. Point is, why would you want to do 60mph in reverse?
SetH

22nd Jun 06 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sooty
no way low 4's

FFS go and pick up a copy of EVO and look at the stats.

sure manufacturers figure for a STi V5 Type R is 4.3

300bhp, 4WD, Very short ration box, 1150-1200kg ish? Think about it duh.

Granted youd have to get a damn near perfect launch, but the car is capable of it. Dont think i could do it, reckon i could get low 5`s personally.
SetH

22nd Jun 06 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
quote:
Originally posted by SetH

Not sure on the newage times, i expect them to be similar but a classic STi will do low 4`s 0-60 and low 11`s 0-100

standard UK impreza sti doing low 4's 0-60 get fucked seth

I said i wasnt sure on newage tiems, so get fucked yourself peenarse boy.
SetH

22nd Jun 06 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another impreza bashing thread primarily instigated by corsa owners, this really does get boring.

Sooty
Banned

22nd Jun 06 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont own a corsa im pretty much Cyber doesnt too

standard uk impreza didnt you say?
X 60RSA

22nd Jun 06 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say a trip to regal would soon sort that 2.8 v6 turbo lump out with something a little more impressive bhp wise!
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jun 06 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cyber owns a corsa C
Sooty
Banned

22nd Jun 06 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You must have a fast corsa, with a good setup then
SetH

22nd Jun 06 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just go back and reread what i put re the uk turbo for christ sake.
SetH

22nd Jun 06 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Cyber owns a corsa C

Yes, 1.8 SRi iirc.
Sooty
Banned

22nd Jun 06 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SetH im feeling your anger mate
SetH

22nd Jun 06 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For your reading convinience Sooty:

"Best comparison i can do personally is that i used to have a Veccy GSi, with courtenay CS15+ package, dastek, etc and i thought it was fairly rapid with decent handling. But after driving 2 300+ bhp imprezas i reckon that a standard uk turbo impreza would have anhiliated me down twisties vs my veccy GSi."

Point being is, two very different types of cars and imo the VXR doesnt have a chance down twisties or on track. and doing the here and now comparision which would be 06 STi and vectra VXR I think you would be looking at the same story.

Im sure the VXR is a great car in its class, just dont try comparing it performance wise to somethign of the calibre of an STi impreza, then having the audacity to say it will hold its own and STis aint all that etc etc blah blah same old impreza bashing story.

[Edited on 22-06-2006 by SetH]
Sooty
Banned

22nd Jun 06 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be perfectly honest, i think the VXR is going to get its arse licked by all the Vauxhall savvy people.... i know fuck all about it... does it have LSD? Id expect any impreza turbo to deal with it though
Sooty
Banned

22nd Jun 06 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
but imprezza's arent all that at all. thats the thing.

can o worms
Toby
Premium Member

22nd Jun 06 at 10:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DarkBahamut
quote:

I dont think they 'mod' the cars at all aside from the paint, so only if the car itself already can. Would depend on its gear ratios i guess. Point is, why would you want to do 60mph in reverse?

oh im sure they dont but i was told that they have specail revsreing ratio's which allows them to do it (believe its only in the panda cars) cos in some situations they need to be able to do it and a friend of a friend bought a astra (ex police car) and it had to go to vaux before hand to have somtihng sorted for reversing
Cybermonkey

22nd Jun 06 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with muppetsport, yes they are superb handling cars, but only now with the MY06 variant has the apparent lack of low-down torque been sorted now the shift to 2500cc has occured. also, before the days of active diff control, the impreza would understeer with the best of em. still lightning quick though when driven to its limits.
Cybermonkey

22nd Jun 06 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DarkBahamut
quote:

oh im sure they dont but i was told that they have specail revsreing ratio's which allows them to do it (believe its only in the panda cars) cos in some situations they need to be able to do it and a friend of a friend bought a astra (ex police car) and it had to go to vaux before hand to have somtihng sorted for reversing

You need to visit www.PSTFU.co.uk. specail revsreing ratios
SetH

22nd Jun 06 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There we go again, aernt all that in what respect? and where the fuck have i stated "Imprezas are all that".

Im trying to compare performance of the new VXR vectra with an 06 STi impreza. And your just running off with the impreza bashing again?

you know what you dont get these comments on the 200sxoc, or MLR etc, it always the little hot hatch owners taht are slating them etc?!?!?
Cybermonkey

22nd Jun 06 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i believe you should go have a coffee, TBF
SetH

22nd Jun 06 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
i agree with muppetsport, yes they are superb handling cars, but only now with the MY06 variant has the apparent lack of low-down torque been sorted now the shift to 2500cc has occured. also, before the days of active diff control, the impreza would understeer with the best of em. still lightning quick though when driven to its limits.

Good finally some facts and an informed opinion on the impreza, well done.

I agree with the understeer comment, the most understeer prone car ive ever driven. However a trip to powerstation for geometry set up, bump steer mod, ARB`s etc will transforms the car whilst retaining standard shocks/springs. But out of factory yes, understeering mofos.
Daimo B

22nd Jun 06 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
just checked a pic of a vr6 clock - that pic in your sig is showing a indicated 150ish mph.

No way on hell you'd hit that on any track in a vr6 before a bend.

Just gets my back up a bit that Members of the Police can do this - then pull someone like me doing 101.4 mph on a completely clear motorway - not a car in site other than a unmarked, with perfect conditions (both actually commented on and veried by the police statement for court).

Then I get pulled and get a court summons, 6 points (could've been ban) and a fine. As well as a mighty lecture on how unsafe and dangerous my driving was and how I could've of killed a innocent family etc..

I wouldn't of minded being lectured if I was trying to go quick (foot flat on the floor) doing 140 mph ish.

I have slowed down on roads since, infact I won't go over about 75-80 on a motorway now in fear of unmarked police cars.

No offence, but thats what happened to me.

I have slowed my motorway speeds down.

The law is 70mph at the end of the day, you got caught, and them giving you 6 points and lecture obviously HAS worked as you now have slowed down..

End of the day, right or wrong, the law is the law, its jsut whether you get caught. You un-fortunatly did, and its effects has made you slow down.

So in effect, they done their job right.

Same for me, but i was going a fair bit quicker But i've slowed my driving down immensly....

The law is there for a reason. Not everyone is into cars and bikes and most people don't have a clue. Would you feel safe is some idiot comes hairing past at 120mph, with no sense of car control etc. Police don't know you, don't know your driving or anything. To them, they see a lad in a small car doign 30mph over the speed limit, that just shouts boyracer to them (whether you are or not)..

Not a dig, just saying, the law is the law...
Daimo B

22nd Jun 06 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Point being is, two very different types of cars and imo the VXR doesnt have a chance down twisties or on track. and doing the here and now comparision which would be 06 STi and vectra VXR I think you would be looking at the same story.

Im sure the VXR is a great car in its class, just dont try comparing it performance wise to somethign of the calibre of an STi impreza, then having the audacity to say it will hold its own and STis aint all that etc etc blah blah same old impreza bashing story.

VXR done Nurburg in around 7 min 30 sec, jsut about as quick as a Scooby or Evo...... Suspension was setup on track, the VXR is based around a track car for the road.

VXR does hold its own against 300bhp 4WD cars. Transmisson loss on the road at speed holds a major part. Especially a stage 2 jobbie..

I can't personnally comment as i've not driven either Evo or Scooby, but i do know, with Sports on, it bloody sticks like glue.

And im not saying either is better or worse, im just saying the VXR does stick to the road.

Put it on gravel, yeah, 4wd will kill it.
Put it on a race track, won't be much in it at all imo.
3CorsaMeal

22nd Jun 06 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robmarriot summed this thread up for me, with his first reply

vectra = gashness
Carl

22nd Jun 06 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

VXR done Nurburg in around 7 min 30 sec, jsut about as quick as a Scooby or Evo...... Suspension was setup on track, the VXR is based around a track car for the road.

VXR does hold its own against 300bhp 4WD cars. Transmisson loss on the road at speed holds a major part. Especially a stage 2 jobbie..

I can't personnally comment as i've not driven either Evo or Scooby, but i do know, with Sports on, it bloody sticks like glue.

And im not saying either is better or worse, im just saying the VXR does stick to the road.

Put it on gravel, yeah, 4wd will kill it.
Put it on a race track, won't be much in it at all imo.

They are on about the vectra, not too sure but since you have one are you refering to the astra? Just an observation.
Ojc

22nd Jun 06 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo your ace

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Got 4 Vectra VXR's at work now............................ 22 database queries in 0.2798080 seconds