corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Wiring Adaptor

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wiring Adaptor
SONiC_86

User status: Offline
   4th May 06 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi!

The girlfriend bought a Corsa B 1999 1.2 16V GLS a few weeks ago. Came with a CD player in it (aftermarket) think its a clarion.

anyway, i fitted in my old kenwood 6x9's for her, as she don't want a sub, so these will do her nicely, and while i was at it, she's buying my JVC mp3 Headunit off me so thought i'd have a go at fitting it for her.

took out the clarion, and went to fit the jvc, but the lead for the headunit is quite small! the plug socket in the jvc is massive compared, but i thought the wiring harness would have been changed to get the clarion in ??

anyway, went to halfords to look at a wiring adapter, but the only one they had, had the right connection to new HU, but the input of the adapter looked far too big for what plug is going into the back of the clarion

totally confused, anyway heres a picture of the back of the JVC, im sure this is ISO standard.

any help as to which wiring harness i need? cheers
b4l

4th May 06 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, the picture is iso standard

was a wire harness used for the clarion HU?
if so you could simply remove it and buy another wire harness, but before you buy it make sure it does the job.

you say that the plugs look too small .... have you actually tried to plug them in, because when ive been matching plugs by eye, im sometimes surprised that plugs which look different actually fit together perfectly!
SONiC_86

5th May 06 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for your help! i will have another go at it today when she comes round in a few hours.
couldn't see another wiring harness, but it only had one plug on it, and looked too small for half of the iso standard one if you get what i mean.
i will have a closer look today and will probably be posting back later
thankyou
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

5th May 06 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will probably (well, almost certainly) have some thing like this in there:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CLARION-12-PIN-ISO-ct21cl01_W0QQitemZ9718382857QQcategoryZ14932QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
SONiC_86

6th May 06 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well had another look and found one hell of a mess of solder and wires - it'd been hardwired the dumb fuckers.

anyway went to motorworld and the bloke there got a wiring adaptor and fitted it all for us and sorted out the shitty wires for a tenner.

thanks

New Poll