corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fifth Gear tonight - Astra VXR related

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fifth Gear tonight - Astra VXR related
mk4_astra

User status: Offline
24th Apr 06 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
and how many owners of VXR astra's will actually take them on the track FS

exactly! the vxr is a hot hatch, not a track car. driving on your average main road the vxr is going to be and feel quick, and as top gear showed it was quicker than the gti and megane in a straight line. as all the other reviews have stated they do handle quite well and feel sporty. after my mate got the mk5 astra 1.9dti sri (150bhp) which actually seems to be just as fast as my mates focus st170 and handles nearly as good i think 2nd hand the vxr will be a great buy
antscorsa

24th Apr 06 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but surely ur still going to boot it coming out of a corner on a normal road, which is what there gettin at as this is where your going to get the torque steer!
drunkenfool

24th Apr 06 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i entered it too
vibrio
Banned

25th Apr 06 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
How do you like them apples.

you remember that saying from the first series of MASH then
Marc

25th Apr 06 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most probably 2Fast2Furiuos
vibrio
Banned

25th Apr 06 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antscorsa
but surely ur still going to boot it coming out of a corner on a normal road, which is what there gettin at as this is where your going to get the torque steer!

no you are going to drive it with decorum not like a tit. booting it out of a corner so you get wheel spin and torque steer is not properdriving. remember they did a test of the alfa GTV 3.2 and they just span the wheels insteed of driving it within it's limits. they are tossers
Cybermonkey

25th Apr 06 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by antscorsa

no you are going to drive it with decorum not like a tit. booting it out of a corner so you get wheel spin and torque steer is not properdriving. remember they did a test of the alfa GTV 3.2 and they just span the wheels insteed of driving it within it's limits. they are tossers

what he said.

Any person who knows anything about driving fast will know that powering out of a corner at full force is only going to slow progress, not improve on it. Taking things a bit more gentle, allowing the chassis to dictate the speed instead of the engine. when you do this, you can drive the car at its limits. not oversteering/understeering to buggery until the car is a big wallowing mess
vibrio
Banned

25th Apr 06 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and never put more than one bottle of sherry in the back of a ute
bubble

25th Apr 06 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has anyone actually driven a vxr?

tbh, its a brill drive plenty of power there. to feel the "torque steer" u gotta rag it through the gears, which you dont need to do anyway!!
SVM 286

25th Apr 06 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
honestly ollie, i dont care. ive stopped listening to opinions
im living in a ignorrant world of my own.
and i make opinions for myself on experiences that i have.

Best way to be.

Bloody right.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fifth Gear tonight - Astra VXR related 22 database queries in 0.0120780 seconds