corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My 1st 'crash'

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My 1st 'crash'
dave17

User status: Offline
10th Apr 06 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got home from the hospital, 2 and a bit hours wasnt too bad.

Saw the doctor, no real damage, just pulled muscles etc. Got given strong painkillers to deal with it. He said it will get worse though, so ive got that to look forward to

Will speak to insurance company tomorrow as they were closed when i tried calling

Im off 2 bed, what a shit day
VipeR-X

10th Apr 06 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Why are people so completely stupid? How can you possibly hit a stationary car?

happened to two of my car's in two week's, can say that was a lucky month.

both time's stationary at a junction, both time's some idiot was going to fast and totalled my car, oh well insurance payed out, second time i suffered whiplash, but i didn't claim for it as it wasn't all that bad.

hope all goe's well with the insurance mate, both my car's were write off's but there was a little more damage than your's, check for crease's on boot floor/wheel well, if there is, might be a write off.
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

11th Apr 06 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah we arent talking of claiming falsely here, its because the lad has got a sore neck, so he should be compensated, end of. At the end of the day he shouldnt have to suffer because some bint wasn't looking. Had a crash myself other day, someone went into back of me at least 30mph, gf has got sever whiplash and i have jarred my back, which i can feel all the time once the anti inflammatories have worn off, so i'll be claiming for someones incompetence.
Tom J
Angie

11th Apr 06 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate that we have a culture now of blaming everyone for any accident that happens. No one wants to take responsibility for their own actions anymore.

I can understand if someone has had an accident that wasn't their fault and they lose money over it by not being able to work or whatever but I hate the fact that I pay high insurance just because loads of people have an accident and instead of thanking god they are alive, they think kerchiiing!!
Ant

11th Apr 06 at 01:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your Insurance renewall is soon you will loose NCB plus get your policy 'loaded' until the claim is resolved in your favour, you will also have to pay your excess.

This is why some people may choose to go direct to the third partys Insurance company
stubbsy05

11th Apr 06 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was a write off when a Mk3 Astra hit me when she locked up doing 50mph!!

Steve
Premium Member

11th Apr 06 at 09:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that was a write off? my GSi had more rear quarter damage than that and wasnt a write off

stubbsy05

11th Apr 06 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That damage on my quater panel was caused form being hit behind;

As you can see it was for sale at the time. The insurance paid more than I was advertising it for!

[Edited on 11-04-2006 by Alex.S]
Toby
Premium Member

11th Apr 06 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell em you can't work, you cant drive as your scared and cars fucked and you piss the bed cos of all the nightmares you keep having due to the accident that will bump up the claim
BYRON

11th Apr 06 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaB4ever
tell em you can't work, you cant drive as your scared and cars fucked and you piss the bed cos of all the nightmares you keep having due to the accident that will bump up the claim

Have you not read this thread at all? jockey.
eddiewhiteley

11th Apr 06 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaB4ever

yeah that would be really really good
Steve
Premium Member

11th Apr 06 at 14:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Alex.S
That damage on my quater panel was caused form being hit behind;

As you can see it was for sale at the time. The insurance paid more than I was advertising it for!

[Edited on 11-04-2006 by Alex.S]

i seeee, i did wonder that but couldnt see any obvious rear bumper damage you see
furioman

11th Apr 06 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whiplash sure you do. the main reason insurance is so expensive is because of the sueing culture and people falsely claiming

http://public.fotki.com/softmints/car_dead/ thats how my last car got killed by getting rear ended slightly faster than 10mph infact my seat snaped in half and quess what no whiplash
Gregor

11th Apr 06 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
that was a write off? my GSi had more rear quarter damage than that and wasnt a write off

Doesnt look like yours was hit from behind though ?

His was and it has creased the boot floor and pushed the rear quarters in
Steve
Premium Member

11th Apr 06 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

indeed that has come to light now

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My 1st 'crash' 22 database queries in 0.0208402 seconds