corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1999 Corsa C20XE Conversion, can i rig up my 16pin plug to read fault codes?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1999 Corsa C20XE Conversion, can i rig up my 16pin plug to read fault codes?
X 60RSA

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 06 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As the title says. I have a 1999 corsa b, I'm going to pick up the XE this weekend and i'm wondering if i can rig up my 16pin fault plug to the XE ECU, or will i need to change it to a 10pin plug like the older corsa b's have.....or won't i be able to read fault codes at all........

Thanks chaps

Dave
shane2corsa

3rd Apr 06 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u having an XE dave?
X 60RSA

3rd Apr 06 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes mate but want to do a top notch job, everything as new as i can get it.

Going enquire about getting other parts for it as well. Had enough trouble with my last xe, which put me off so want to make sure i;m 100% happy once its in an it wont break down lol
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

3rd Apr 06 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just put a switch between the diagnostic wire and earth. that way when you want to check for for fault codes you just flick the switch.

thats what i do when i do conversions, easier than wiring the diagnostic plug and no fiddling round with paperclips either
broster
Premium Member

3rd Apr 06 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsaBOB, when you do that does it mean you cant hook it up to a diag reader
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

3rd Apr 06 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm, well you could, but you would have to just connect up the diagnostic wire to the relevant wire on the plug.

anyway, on c20xe's the paperclip style diy test is as good as a £40 diagnostic test anyway. Ive never had a problem diagnosing problems using this method anyway.

New Poll