corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Problem (footwell area)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Problem (footwell area)
c4r5aj4m1e

User status: Offline
16th Mar 06 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lately i have noticed that i have a bad rattling sound coming from my footwell whilst the engine is running, i have been right down and stuck my head in the footwell but i cant identify for sure where it is coming from. Dunno if i should be worried or not, any suggestions??
mitch2

16th Mar 06 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it could be the mounting that holds the steering rack. The spot welds could have snapped. You normally only feel it when you a redriving it though. Have you checked if there is any play in the front wheels when it is jacked up. Also could be a worn engine mount or the engine itself.
c4r5aj4m1e

16th Mar 06 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the car is a o3 reg though mate, cant see it being a worn engine mount. There is no play in the front wheels, it is defo coming from the footwell, i will have a look at the spot welds etc to see if i can see anything. Thanks for the help anyway, any more suggestions??

New Poll