corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.2 8v help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.2 8v help!
K2 GTi

User status: Offline
15th Jun 05 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Started the car this morning everything was ok like normal, but today it was pissing it down. I was driving and put it in 3rd at about 30mph and it kept juddering like it was going to stall, so I put it in second and it did the same... After a while and after me looking like I can't drive it seemed to be ok. Is it because it was wet? Also, I've notcied that theres some water coming in from the right of the footwell..

It's a corsa 1.2 8v just done 95k. Please help
Rob126

15th Jun 05 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

regarding the stalling thing... had the same thing on mine. came out to be the spark plugs. so check those! dont know if it can be something else tbh
K2 GTi

15th Jun 05 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking the spark plugs mate just wanted to make sure! Other suggestions would be greatful
Adzy2k2

15th Jun 05 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had the same problem it was fine if i pulled the clutch up to biting point tho so did that for a while and it burnt my clutch out. turned out needed new plugs and leads.
K2 GTi

15th Jun 05 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok new spark plugs and leads it is Thanks for your help you two
Angie

15th Jun 05 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You might not need new anything, I had that problem and it turned out my HT leads had got a bit damp. I just dried the ends off and squirted some maintenance oil on them and they were fine
K2 GTi

15th Jun 05 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Angie
You might not need new anything, I had that problem and it turned out my HT leads had got a bit damp. I just dried the ends off and squirted some maintenance oil on them and they were fine

Since having my bumper done water has been coming in by the footwell, i put my hand up there and felt some leads... obviously if water from the raing was coming in they were wet... that could also be the problem and I need to be looking into that more as water shouldn't be coming in,

lol
Cybermonkey

15th Jun 05 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spray the whole lot with WD40 first to see if it helps. could be just damp.
K2 GTi

15th Jun 05 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate will try after work
Angie

15th Jun 05 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K2 HOY

Since having my bumper done water has been coming in by the footwell, i put my hand up there and felt some leads... obviously if water from the raing was coming in they were wet... that could also be the problem and I need to be looking into that more as water shouldn't be coming in,

lol

I have water in my passenger footwell too, I just haven't got round to fixing it yet lol. If you manage to sort it can you let me know how you did it?
Thanks
K2 GTi

15th Jun 05 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Angie
quote:
Originally posted by K2 HOY

lol

I have water in my passenger footwell too, I just haven't got round to fixing it yet lol. If you manage to sort it can you let me know how you did it?
Thanks

Isnt my passenger its my side lol... when i have the car washed it all drips in! Ive got to get it sorted soon just dont have time.. wil live with a leak for a while
Angie

15th Jun 05 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines in the passenger side and it settles on the shelf below the glovebox. When I turn a corner if I have a passenger they get soaked

I just can't be bothered to fix it at the mo. It's been going on for 2 years
VegasPhil
Premium Member

15th Jun 05 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cured my Leak. Basically, I had a 4 inch split along the Rain Tray under the scuttle panel. Not suprised really, as the material the rain tray is made from is erm... shoot. Still. I'll try and find the thread

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
VegasPhil
Premium Member

15th Jun 05 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=216967

The water was leaking through the split in my rain tray and coming through the pollen filter. The warer then went through the fan and out into the Drivers Side Carpet... Not very Cool. If you have the same problem as me then be careful when getting another rein-tray from a scrappy. They are flimsy as fuck. The scuttle comes off by 5 phillips screws once you've taken off your window wipers. Then it detaches in 2 parts. Easy! Let me know how you get on

Will94

16th Jun 05 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont forget, could be a dodgy dizzy cap & rotor arm. If you're gonna change plugs and leads then might aswell change those too for the extra few quid, no point havin brand new parts when you got old parts creaking away
Icy

16th Jun 05 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had similiar thought it was the airflow meter
K2 GTi

16th Jun 05 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks all will try at weekend. And Phil mine isn't a pond like yours lol its just a little trickle of water that pisses me off and makes the carpet a lil wet.. Cheers all
VegasPhil
Premium Member

16th Jun 05 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That puddle arrived after 12 hours of constant heavy rain But if your sure . I traced a break in my rain tray to when the Wiper Motor was Replaced.

K2 GTi

17th Jun 05 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
That puddle arrived after 12 hours of constant heavy rain But if your sure . I traced a break in my rain tray to when the Wiper Motor was Replaced.

But after ive read that after 12 hours of rain mine would probably be the same lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.2 8v help! 25 database queries in 0.0155210 seconds