corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Electrical problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Electrical problems
Tappits

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 06 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok this is a good one for you
2 Corsa B’s
2 conversions (XE and a LET)
Both have the same problem on the same day and we both live in the same city

(Posted on migweb by fat_rew)
”My interior is stripped out and the electric window switch touched the chassis and sparked mentally.
Windows are now not working, along with Speedo, rev counter, oil temp gauge, petrol gauge, ignition/airbag/eml lights etc, elec mirrors and dash lighting. All indicators and lights work though as does the engine etc.
I’ve checked fuses and all but one is OK (5amp think its dash light). Elec window fuse is fine too.

What could be wrong????

Interestingly, when I was driving it the batt light on dash was on like the alt was not charging although it blatantly was as I drove for an hr with all lights on.”

That’s on the let

A fue differences on my car and they are.
My Speedo still works his does not
I had 2 fuses go, the window fuse and a 20amp fuse (number 17 in a gsi fuse box)
I also have the batt light on but comes on and off as you press the loud pedal
But as I was at pod at the time and I had to drive it home so it must be still charging
Also my car is not running right, its like the fuel pump is going on and off or something like that as it keeps cutting out.

So 3 Q’s?
1: What is coursing this problem and how do we fix it?
2: What is fuse 17 on the gsi fuse box? (it has got on the cover <KL. 15>? And what size fuse shod it have in?
3: Were can I get a chart or something that tells me what size fuse shod go in each position in the fuse box?
bubble

22nd Feb 06 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kl 15 is ignition supply fuse 15amp
Tappits

22nd Feb 06 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just found the fuse ratings in the Haynes Manual
Number 17 is a 10amp fuse?
Radio and multi-function-display unit, instrument panel, glove box light and electric exterior mirrors.

So that’s Q’s 2 and 3 out the way just need to no what the problem is and how to fix it.
Tappits

24th Feb 06 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok its was

Small area on back of fuseboard burnt that took out a couple of electrics. Apparently its a common fault as leccy windows carry high current so can fook up a couple of things if shorted etc etc.

New Poll