corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 2 week project Corsa FINISHED - last pics on page 19!!! its gone back to owner now

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2 week project Corsa FINISHED - last pics on page 19!!! its gone back to owner now
N90ATH

User status: Offline
21st Feb 06 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking gd fella
big eck

21st Feb 06 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so how much for a complete respray in the same colour no body mods except fixing the b pillars
FlamingCorsa

21st Feb 06 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
so how much for a complete respray in the same colour no body mods except fixing the b pillars

i dont really want to quote cos i really dont have time for next 3-4 months! also depends on how gooder job u want, if u want me to strip whole car for painting to get in all cracks and place hard to get like door shuts or just paint car in one!!! all that makes difference in time taken to prep the car etc and put it back after painted!!!

FlamingCorsa

21st Feb 06 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nick A
awesome work Iaz.

wish i could be able to do some of this stuff!!!

dont just wish................ thats wot i was like few years ago just go and have a go!!!!!!! thats wot its all about, i did

then again i do have advantage of tools me dad has on farm and space!!!!
Graeme
Premium Member

21st Feb 06 at 21:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah evryone can try, if u muck it up u can alsways rub it dwn and start again!
no problem and u will find loads of advice on here and also on the net!
and sum local paint supliers will give u the best advice!
Basscrazy

21st Feb 06 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will do this one day i love working with body work and having a go will be a few years till im not constantly struggling with money as bad job
FlamingCorsa

21st Feb 06 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C4 WLK
yeah evryone can try, if u muck it up u can alsways rub it dwn and start again!
no problem and u will find loads of advice on here and also on the net!
and sum local paint supliers will give u the best advice!

all very true, u only learn by trying!!!
Matt H

21st Feb 06 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a double garage that could be used

Might have to kidnap Iaz
Graeme
Premium Member

21st Feb 06 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also dont sell jag corsa, just respray it and get it on the road, or sell it to me for a very gd price!
FlamingCorsa

21st Feb 06 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
also dont sell jag corsa, just respray it and get it on the road, or sell it to me for a very gd price!

gonna try ringing adren flux i think, c wot they say cos i am taking astra off policy in next few weeks and have paid for the whole year depends if they can sort anything out!! will have to put alarm on it tho thats the only major money i wud need to spend, wud leave it same colour then if/when it cracks with driving will paint it after! wud be so nice to c peoples reaction to it on road!!!!
Liam

21st Feb 06 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would get so many looks on the road for sure!
FlamingCorsa

21st Feb 06 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right off now to do evening shift on the car...........more pics to follow latter when i get to tired to carry on!!!! dont think it will be that long tonight!!! SHATTERED, off tomorrow and thurdays tho!
Liam

21st Feb 06 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have fun cant wait to see the next lot of pics
Graeme
Premium Member

21st Feb 06 at 21:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im bored so here are sum colours u could do it but still would love to see a black with gold flakes in it!

[Edited on 21-02-2006 by C4 WLK]
Nick A

21st Feb 06 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlamingCorsa
quote:
awesome work Iaz.

dont just wish................ thats wot i was like few years ago just go and have a go!!!!!!! thats wot its all about, i did

:

Its all about trial and error i agree, like you said all you need is the tools, space and time, and i really dont have any. But like you mention - working full-time then doing what your doing on the little time scale you have is a form of motivation to anyone willing to try what you are doing!!!

Good Luck with it all, ever thought about just doing car modifiying as your only full-time job
Graeme
Premium Member

21st Feb 06 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think u should set up ur own business and i will come work for you but the start up costs for a bodyshop is not cheap, the big expense is a booth and that is £10,000 for the most basic one, so ideally about £20,000 for a gd one.

i wish i had the motivation when i came home but after working with cars all day i want to switch off!
martferguson

21st Feb 06 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
think u should set up ur own business and i will come work for you but the start up costs for a bodyshop is not cheap, the big expense is a booth and that is £10,000 for the most basic one, so ideally about £20,000 for a gd one.

i wish i had the motivation when i came home but after working with cars all day i want to switch off!

Doesnt he already have a booth on the farm??
FlamingCorsa

21st Feb 06 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DAY 3 PROGRESS:-

right then, waiting for filler to dry now and getting tired been sucessful day tho!!!! got wot i wanted done!!

welded plate where boot recess is:- which took longer than i expected but i got curve on it and pretty happy with how close i got it to the actual line of the bootlid!

just tacked some little plates in to strenghten and give me summit to filler over to make look tidy under here!!!

grinded off teh number plate light bits on bumper so flat, covered with masking take few layers, then fibreglassed underneath it, i found that doing this u dont need to much filler after cos u have got the shape u need from the masking tape!!!

fitted bumper roughtly

here is where number plate light was, fibreglassed from underneath now!

wings back on so i could roughtly put skirts on to c how they are going to fit, betta than i was expecting really!!

pics of front.........getting tired by now so cant keep hand still!!! hehe

just skimmed layer of filler on boot and number plate light again few mins ago

DAY 3 OVER!!

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW U GET THE CAPS OFF THESE WHEELS TO GET TO THE NUTS??? look like they should just pop off i dont want to break them!!! anyone know for sure??
FlamingCorsa

21st Feb 06 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

wud love to work with someone else like u cos i could learn alot from u!!! i work solidly on my own so done learn anything from anyone just learn from mistakes! not many people are into bodywork like i do...........more people into engines and tuning cos u dont really need space to do that i guess!!!

also your idea sounds cheaper than wot i am actually doing 12months from april! buying lease off my boss at the pub i work with my brother as my partner! gotta find £65k each so your 20k seems cheap!!!! lol
VegasPhil
Premium Member

21st Feb 06 at 23:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome Progress mate!

Is there anywhere you can lever them off with a screwdriver or something?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
AK

21st Feb 06 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you just tack weld everything? No seams?
Andy GSi

21st Feb 06 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair play iaz mate, u amaze me with the work you do. fair play to u, u r becoming a legend

i love reading and looking at your progress pictures etc. Just wish u started doing all this 3 years back, as i think you would have done all of my corsa,

Whats happening with the other corsa u started agaes ago?? that has seems to have taken a back seat, was really looking forward to seeing that progress with all the plans you had for it.

Keep up the good work mate
FlamingCorsa

21st Feb 06 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by FlamingCorsa
quote:
awesome work Iaz.

:

Its all about trial and error i agree, like you said all you need is the tools, space and time, and i really dont have any. But like you mention - working full-time then doing what your doing on the little time scale you have is a form of motivation to anyone willing to try what you are doing!!!

Good Luck with it all, ever thought about just doing car modifiying as your only full-time job

have thought about it but i think maybe i wud get bored of it if i did it everyday and it becomes job then not a hobbie like it is now for me!!!

i am buying 50% of the lease of the pub also with my brother who gave up good job down south to come back to get his own pub, i wanna suport him also!

i know wot u mean C4 WLK bout having motovation after work! its like i cook all day!!! so NEVER wanna cook when i get home o could imagine it being same with everyjob!
FlamingCorsa

21st Feb 06 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
do you just tack weld everything? No seams?

dont really think u need to seam weld any of it, nothing is structual and more chance of warping of u are seam welding! can warp pannels even with tack welding quite easily!!!
Haimsey
Premium Member

22nd Feb 06 at 00:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mazin work

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 2 week project Corsa FINISHED - last pics on page 19!!! its gone back to owner now 24 database queries in 0.1953440 seconds