corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » NEED NEW TANK

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NEED NEW TANK
valver_corsa

User status: Offline
25th Jan 06 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right had a look under my car and its leaking petrol, the petrol tank has rotted away

how much will one of these cost? and how hard is it to replace????

cheers
Super_Shaun

25th Jan 06 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I might have the same problem.
Its never leaked before and I filled it to the brim last night as Ive a long week and its leaking it all over my drive. It then stoped for a while took it out came home and its still leaking. Not helpful to you but Its a question I was going to ask.
charlessurr

25th Jan 06 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on my 1.4 8v sri its jst hung with two hangers which are bolted to the underside of the body, take those off and it will drop down. There are also three pipes running to it held on with clips, they are grouped together. Can be a little fiddley to get to but they come off eventually.

go to the scrap yard, i dont think its a common problem with corsas so there should be loads knocking about.
Adam-D

25th Jan 06 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.buypartsbuy.co.uk
ed

25th Jan 06 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a dirty nasty horrible minging job...

What you do is:

1. Remove the hoses from the rear of the tank. Then disconnect the fuel lines from the o/s of the car just in front of the rear wheel.
2. Drain the fuel tank... You can work that one out yourself because I punched a hole in it... It didn't feel safe doing it at all though.
3. Remove the exhaust system from the center box onwards.
4. Put a jack under the fuel tank to support it and undo the bolts on the hangers then un-hinge them - the fuel tank will then be free to drop to the floor.
5. Undo the wiring loom from the fuel pump.
6. Remove the tank from the car.
7. Using a hammer and screwdriver bash the retaining rino off of the top of the fuel tank so you can get the fuel pump out- it will be obvious when you see it
8. Pull out the fuel pump mechanism and un-do all of the hose clips and hoses from the existing fuel tank. You will have to release the handbrake at this point to get the tank past the cable.
9. Transfer the pump and hoses fitting everything in exactly the same way it on the old tank! Make sure all the hoses are secured and don't forget to transfer the handbrake cable hanger.
10. Re-fit the tank in the same way you removed it...
11. Fill with fuel, turn engine on and look for leaks!
12. Pick all the bits of rust and dirt out of your eyes and have a shower!

New tank for mine cost me £100 delivered in the end from SEL Imperial - www.sel-imperial.co.uk.

New Poll