corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Where do Vauxhall dealers get thier prices from? (cliche)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Where do Vauxhall dealers get thier prices from? (cliche)
ed

User status: Offline
13th Dec 05 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The old MOT is invalidadted by a fail now though...

burgess: I asked if I could use a tank from a breakers, they said they didn't allow that sort of thing to happem.

Star City Vauxhall by the way
ainsley_brader

13th Dec 05 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed

Debatatble but either way the law still allows you to drive to a place where by previous arrangement repairs are to be carried out!
ed

13th Dec 05 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could that be my house? I would have previously arranged it with myself to do the work... I would much rather DIY it, then take it to my usual mechanic to do the re-test...

I have already paid them a fair few bucks to do work I could do myself
ainsley_brader

13th Dec 05 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Could that be my house? I would have previously arranged it with myself to do the work... I would much rather DIY it, then take it to my usual mechanic to do the re-test...

I have already paid them a fair few bucks to do work I could do myself

I see absoltuely no reason why not!
burgess

13th Dec 05 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed

burgess: I asked if I could use a tank from a breakers, they said they didn't allow that sort of thing to happem.

Star City Vauxhall by the way

well sounds like they are just after profit

must be why our garage is the U.K's number one for customer satisfaction then!
ed

13th Dec 05 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, I think they are ripping me off. I'm going to phone VOSA tomorrow for some official infomation just to clear up a few queries because as far as I'm aware you can drive a car to another MOT test station for a pre booked test, and another location for pre arranged repairs if it doesn't have a valid MOT....
ed

14th Dec 05 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All I can say about Star City Vauxhall is they are rude. I phoned them up and asked for a price breakdown of the £600. It's about £400 for the tank and £200 for labour. Labour there is £65/hour there so my immediate reaction was to say are you charging me for the time it takes to syphon the fuel out of the tank? The man replied to me do you have any idea how a fuel tank is removed and re-fitted. I replied yes, I have replaced one before on another Corsa. The next comment I had to make was over the £400 tank, He refused to use non genuine parts as they are all rubbish. I told them that you can get new fuel tanks from SEL Imperial who are a reputable company on the bodywork side of things for £98. TO which he replied "You can probably get them cheaper from bill and ben in the shed, but we're not going to fit them as they clearly are poor quality parts". I was slightly confused at this stage as to how he knew that thier parts... Need to get the car out of that garage ASAP.

This is the first bloody time I have had a garage do anything other than replace some brake pads at an MOT and all I get is bloody shite down the phone from the mechanic NEVER AGAIN!
Steve
Premium Member

14th Dec 05 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
"You can probably get them cheaper from bill and ben in the shed

fpmsl
IntaCepta

14th Dec 05 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sometimes i feel like ringin up vauxhall, and asking them if they price match and insist they should for me.. for a prank!

Edd

14th Dec 05 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
quote:
Originally posted by Edd
i was once quoted an arm and a leg for an icv

FPMSL

I love you edd

i forgot i posted this

james you know my love for you runs deep like a river xx
ed

14th Dec 05 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sam
quote:
Originally posted by ed
"You can probably get them cheaper from bill and ben in the shed

fpmsl
What a penis.

I just spoke to VOSA to get confirmation about taking the car home. You can drive it home from a garage after an MOT failure which is nice... Fuck paying £600 for a fuel tank

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Where do Vauxhall dealers get thier prices from? (cliche) 23 database queries in 0.0103018 seconds