corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Ed's Corsa B - Updated 05-06-2010 - P49

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ed's Corsa B - Updated 05-06-2010 - P49
Wrighty

User status: Offline
20th Dec 05 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good mate well done for having a bash yourself
S1MON

20th Dec 05 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice mate good too see midas legancy lives on im sure ill find some treats on waynes!! Well the wiring for one
ed

20th Dec 05 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wiring on that car is a bit special isn't it...
S1MON

20th Dec 05 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vintage!!!!!!!!!!.............
ed

27th Dec 05 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, I been working on the car a little over christmas, however I left my camera in the car so I can't upload the new pictures until Friday... I have finished an arch and I got started on the other, but I got pissed off with all the filler sanding so I moved onto the scuttle pannel. I am beginning to smooth it off into a nice custom job.
Oh and this is the colour I'm going to paint it:

[Edited on 27-12-2005 by ed]
FlamingCorsa

27th Dec 05 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get the progress pics up ed!!!! looking good so far, invest in a da sander they are ace for rough rubbing doen of filler! then do lat bit with a block!

as for midas work, i didnt think it looked to bad from the pics really! yea there is quite alot of filler but so long as they have the arch solid then it should not crack, shrinkage is the prob then! the major dissapointment in think was the paint job they did on your car! then again i wud say the same bout jagcorsa also!

keep up the good work, and keep pics coming, nice colour also, will look nice
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

27th Dec 05 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant you just swap the wheels over regarding the tyres being the wrong way around?
FlamingCorsa

27th Dec 05 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom J
cant you just swap the wheels over regarding the tyres being the wrong way around?

guessing they are tsw multi fit, they are a right paint to fit the studs spin round in the holes so basically they fit almost anycar! like with a stud pattern from 4x100 to 4x112!

good idea but paint to fit i used to have them on jagcorsa! guessing they are the same on eds car
ed

27th Dec 05 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll get the pics up when I get home, I'm affraid i'm in brum at the moment... The main probalem with the Midas work was the overuse of filler, it seems pretty solid underneath and I won't be doing too much to it apart from filler removal. Then there was the paint, there is so much silicone in it, letalone the sheer lack of laquer in most places, oh and the runs and drips in it. Never mind... I'm not too bothered, so long as it works out in the end...

Na, I got 3 left wheels and 1 right one

I'm thinking I'm going to base the styling a fair bit on the TVR too, those tail lights look a lot like the Irmscher ones so I think I'll get some of them, and do my wheels in black eventually when I get around to getting the tyres removed Not going for silly spoilers though
Icy

27th Dec 05 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks similiar to this color
loo_goblin

27th Dec 05 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steves is in shocking condition, has he got a rear screen seal yet?
ed

27th Dec 05 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Na, but you don't need one really... I just don't really know how they got the rear screen in straight without it I dread to think how much filler is on his though
loo_goblin

27th Dec 05 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steves car probably is filler
ed

27th Dec 05 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently they used fibreglass filler for structural parts of that Nova they did a pickup conversion on
ed

30th Dec 05 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's the o/s rear arch, it's nearly finished, a few little holes need filling I think, but it's getting there...

Light skin of filler:

First pass of primer:

Second pass after a load of sanding:

While the primer was drying I got to work on the n/s rear arch...

It's going to need a fair ammount of rpair work, as there is a really big crack in it

Graeme
Premium Member

30th Dec 05 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can get a seringe(sp) of glue and a can of activator for around £20 that is amazing and that crack will be fixed in no time at all then with a bit of fiberglass and then filler it will be like new!!

gd work by the way, u using a DA to get that paint off?
ed

30th Dec 05 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking a high strength adhesive would do the trick...

I have an electric DA sander... It's good, but a little slow. There is also so much filler on the car it's unreal. I have to still sand off more on the o/s above the arch and above the fuel filler cap as there is a big step of the bloody stuff still
Fad

30th Dec 05 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

re shell?
ed

30th Dec 05 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's in excelent condition Fad
Wrighty

30th Dec 05 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that green will look amazing on it ed

keep up the good work
mwg

30th Dec 05 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good work so far

Although that green is an awful colour IMO...
Graeme
Premium Member

30th Dec 05 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah still can see the step in the arch there, will look alot better when totally smooth, u can get sum filler called easy sand which is so much easier to sand down with a block and then in one more hit u could get that smooth again!
also around the lights on the inside edge they look as uneven as anything!!
get that sorted out aswell!!
ed

30th Dec 05 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, around the lights looks awful in reality! It's strange actually, before you spray the primer on it, it looks amazing... The primer is really usefull though for getting things perfect!

I'm using easy sand now, the stuff Midas used is different though. It's dark grey and is a righ bitch to get off!
Graeme
Premium Member

30th Dec 05 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah its pretty hard to see unless u know wot ur looking for but use ur handa feel it and aslong as u get it all smooth before u paint it cos the paint will really show up the ridge in the paint and if u do get a slight one which u will just make sure the line is even all the way round and not wonky cos u will really tell that!!
ed

30th Dec 05 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm planning on taking off all the old filler so the ridge will be gone tomorrow... Or when I get to work on the car next Just have no time at the moment

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Ed's Corsa B - Updated 05-06-2010 - P49 23 database queries in 0.1366441 seconds