corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Could this be MAP Sensor problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Could this be MAP Sensor problem
Slammed_Corsa

User status: Offline
16th Dec 05 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right am i right in thinking that this sensor detects how much load is going through the engine?

What it is i can be driving along and when i come off the accelerator and the revs drop to 1,500rpm roughly the car sort of jolts forward or something like that, its hard to describe. But its not smooth anyway.

Could a faulty MAP sensor cause this. I have already replaced all the coolant sensors.
fragpot

17th Dec 05 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably not, the MAP sensor only monitors air pressure in the intake manifold and sends a variable voltage signal to the ECU, which uses the signal to adjust the fuel and timing calculations. Typical diagnosics of a faulty MAP sensor are poor engine performance, engine management light, acceleration hesitiation, over/under fueling, etc. 99% of the time MAP sensor faults are are due to a faulty/leeking vacuum hose anyway, so i doubt the MAP sensor is to blame.

Your problem sounds very strange, how does the car idle after some sporting? it could be an ICV problem?

I'm drunk btw

[Edited on 17-12-2005 by fragpot]
Slammed_Corsa

17th Dec 05 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car idles fine around 850rpm.
ed

17th Dec 05 at 01:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be anything really, best bet is to do a Tech II test at a Vauxhall garage. Costs about £50, but cheaper than blindly replacing sensors...
Ben ev

17th Dec 05 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be a fuelling problem with the regulator or blocked injectors or something

New Poll