corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How the hell do i wire my PS2 up? *UPDATE* (with pics)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How the hell do i wire my PS2 up? *UPDATE* (with pics)
woodywoods12345

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 05 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This has probably already been posted, but im really stuck. i recieved this tv today http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5831492856&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1 and want to connect my ps2 up to it, problem is, i cant even get it to work in my house let alone in my car. Getting really pissed off now! Do i need to buy a special adaptor or something? How am i spose to get the actual ps2 to come on? The red,yellow,white cables also dont fit into this side of my tv and there are no other holes present. Really stuck. PLEASE HELP!!

[Edited on 22-11-2005 by woodywoods12345]

Wrighty

22nd Nov 05 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it says it includes a 12v adaptor for your house,so youve tryed it in your house? all ps2 scart leads plugged in correct? and it still wont work? maybe its broke?
Kif

22nd Nov 05 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, try the screen in your house and make sure it works.

How are you powering your ps2 in the car?
woodywoods12345

22nd Nov 05 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, the tv wil work in my house but i dont see how to connect the ps2 to it? these are the wires i had:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/woodywoods12345/12v.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/woodywoods12345/auxin.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/woodywoods12345/avwires.jpg

And these are the only holes present on the tv:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/woodywoods12345/side.jpg

So this is the progress i have made so far:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/woodywoods12345/progress.jpg

The problem i have is connecting the wires up, because the wires I have (red yellow white etc) wont go into the side of the screen, on a normal household screen you get an adaptor to go in the back of your tv, but there is no where for this on this unit. Anyone know?

Wrighty

22nd Nov 05 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take the scart leads from the ps2,put all three into the rca's on the tv,that should give you ps2>tv signal,then u will need power for both in your car so will you not need a 12v invertor or something?

if theyre all the holes,and the rca's from the ps2 dont work,the tv cannot be compatible with the ps2? ur tv till need rca's or scart for it to work
Wrighty

22nd Nov 05 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just read the ebay description,it says your Tv does have 2 video inputs and an audio input,just mess about a bit its gotta work
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

22nd Nov 05 at 19:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just hade a look at all the leads mate, you should need 3 of these:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=1017&doy=22m11&QV=P
as the AV connectors out of the TV and the AV connectors from the PS2 are all male plugs. If you get three of these, then its just a case of matching them up colour for colour. I had the same problem trying to connect up my TV to my surround sound in my flat at uni.
Hope this helps mate.
woodywoods12345

22nd Nov 05 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldnt i just snip the wires and solder them together? that way i cud get rid of the bullet connector thingys. I was thinking this, but it seems risky?
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

22nd Nov 05 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, cos the wires have inner and outer sections, kind of like household tv aerials, so no, just buy the correct connectors, they are very cheap and also allow u to remove the ps2 and/or screen if u sell the car, or if its in an accident, whether its u crashing or someone else hitting you. Either way, just get the connectors to save you hassle!
woodywoods12345

22nd Nov 05 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, i didnt realise that, i was just looking at the cheapest option, i dont get paid till next friday and dont have a penny to my name till then and parents wont lend me money either! O well, i guess ill just have to play the waiting game!

Now ive got this part solved, do ineed to buy a special wire that runs from the ps2 to the car battery!?
Wrighty

23rd Nov 05 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will need a power invertor for that
neiliosxi

23rd Nov 05 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think you will need to earch the outside of the yellow av cable too, i did.
woodywoods12345

23rd Nov 05 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you mean i will need a power invertor to run my ps2 to the car battery for its main power source? At the back of the ps2 there is like a input thing that looks kinda like a pair of tits, the wire that goes into that has a plug on the end of it, my question is, do i need a wire without a plug on the end of it or does the household plug, plug into the invertor?
50Calibre

23rd Nov 05 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah you just need an invertor which will have the standard 3 pin output an youll be able to use any nomal plug with it
James@CCC

23rd Nov 05 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I *THINK* you only need to buy two of the adpaters. This is because it only needs one audio input (the red and white wires) as it only has one speaker (if your using aux in on your headunit it play sound you'll only need one)

The reason there are three wires available is because you have 2 video inputs and an audio input. Its confusing how they use the same colours when they are a bit diff. I think its red that is the second video input.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

24th Nov 05 at 00:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea. thats true, didnt think of that. If thats the case, use this, its cheaper:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=29732&doy=24m11D
woodywoods12345

24th Nov 05 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what i need now, thanks for the help guys. No doubt il post something up again in the next few weeks!

New Poll