corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » silly question how do i check if i have a spark

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author silly question how do i check if i have a spark
Siberia

User status: Offline
   20th Nov 05 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well?
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

20th Nov 05 at 13:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remove spark plug, plug the HT lead back on to the top of it, then rest the body of the spark plug on an earth, turn the engine over and there should be a spark..

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Jake

20th Nov 05 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or start the engine and pull a lead out, see if it runs worse, then replace and try with the others.
ed

20th Nov 05 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whatever you do, don't electricute yourself with HT current. It's so strocng that your muscles spasm and you can't let go of the key very easily so you carry on electricuting yourself for what feels like a very long time until you manage to let go of something. Trust me on that one
Siberia

21st Nov 05 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Whatever you do, don't electricute yourself with HT current. It's so strocng that your muscles spasm and you can't let go of the key very easily so you carry on electricuting yourself for what feels like a very long time until you manage to let go of something. Trust me on that one

yeah thats why i was asking as i am very awear of the voltages from the HT leads....

the problem i had was i went at fitting a manztel to my gf's tigra... but then realised i was missing a hose so when i put it back together it wouldnt start...

some numpty was at this car at some point.... not only is the suspension in upsidedown put every cnuting wire in the engine bay seems to meet over at the battery tray... the routing of the crank shaft angle sensor ment it was getting strained... so quick rerouting and she started first time...

[Edited on 21-11-2005 by Siberia]
Adam-D

21st Nov 05 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best easy way i find is to have a spare spark plug
pull the ht lead off
put the sparkplug in the end if the lead
hold the threded part of the spark plug with some insulated pliers
then hold the spark bit of the plug next to the bodywork.
crank engine over and you shud see it spark

New Poll