corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Problem starting corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Problem starting corsa
drax

User status: Offline
15th Nov 05 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey there

Okay Ive a 1996 Corsa Trip, 1.2.

Basically, i know she needs a service and will be getting that done soon, but i have a concern,

When starting the car sometimes if it hasnt been started for a day or a couple of hours, the car stalls on start up.

I turn the key, it makes the starting noise, but judders and stalls before the engine kicks in properly, sometimes it starts and just judders like a mofo unless i throttle it abit to help it start.

What do i need to look for, and what is it likely to be, will try new plugs and leads, a friend who works for AA says it could be something to do with the fueling?

Any suggestions ?
drax

16th Nov 05 at 02:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
Siberia

16th Nov 05 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clean the inside of the dizzycap(if it has one) with a tissue...
carnuts

16th Nov 05 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my corsa done the same if i left it in the garage for a week or two it was just damp check the dizzy and the plugs are probably fooked
drax

16th Nov 05 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will do, dizzy did get damp before but it just wouldnt start altogether then. ill make sure its all sealed up better in i think

New Poll