corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » PROGRESS ON CORSABRAVA, cars cleaned and lots of pics in sun today on page43

New Poll
  <<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PROGRESS ON CORSABRAVA, cars cleaned and lots of pics in sun today on page43
FlamingCorsa

User status: Offline
15th Mar 06 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

learn summit new everyday, i just dont like rubbing things down to bare metal cos get scared rust will start from that!!!

surely u have to smooth the metal into the old paint so there will be a lip there????? cos the paint will be higher then the metal???
J.p

15th Mar 06 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you feather the line from the paint to the metal then it should be fine...and feather filler to the metal itll even itself out if you know what i mean !
but if your fillers over the paint...you will never get the line away as much as itll be sanding the paint as u sand the filler. always leavin a lip !

kinda hard to explain.

and it wont rust once its been painter over

[Edited on 15-03-2006 by J.p]
FlamingCorsa

15th Mar 06 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J.p
if you feather the line from the paint to the metal then it should be fine...and feather filler to the metal itll even itself out if you know what i mean !
but if your fillers over the paint...you will never get the line away as much as itll be sanding the paint as u sand the filler. always leavin a lip !

kinda hard to explain.

and it wont rust once its been painter over

[Edited on 15-03-2006 by J.p]

cool will remember this!!!! it good to learn stuff,
stuartyhall

16th Mar 06 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love what u r doin mate!!!!!!! keep it up
digit

23rd Mar 06 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

allright bud I was just wondering when more progress pics will be put up? cheers
FlamingCorsa

23rd Mar 06 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have done a little, was planning to get some progress done last thursday and friday.......but thursday i got me new wheels for jagcorsa then friday i got mums new car so was messing with them, not i am back working on other peoples car so corsabrava goes to the back of list again, aches, roof, etc etc all gettting smoother tho, all general shape is there, foglights smoothed over on bumper also! just needs few more roads of filler to get the aches etc perfect and smooth!

it will be done one day............MAYBE
LAMM13

23rd Mar 06 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AND THE BEAST WILL ARISE!!! MWHA HA HA HA........
Tarrantino

23rd Mar 06 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VX progress???
digit

23rd Mar 06 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im thinking of doing the same sort of arches on my wee renault 5 lol Im only 15 n its my first car so that will be on an extreme budget any tips mate?
JadeM
Premium Member

23rd Mar 06 at 22:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
i'm not too sure about this one, can't picture it complete

what are you doing with the arches?

Same....I cant see it taking shape too well & dont like the lights front or back
JadeM
Premium Member

23rd Mar 06 at 22:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tarrantino
VX progress???

Still on hold...madness
FlamingCorsa

23rd Mar 06 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JadeM
quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
i'm not too sure about this one, can't picture it complete

what are you doing with the arches?

Same....I cant see it taking shape too well & dont like the lights front or back

wot do u mean u dont c it taking shape to well???

the lines round the arches now are much betta u got to remember these arches have been made from parts of are old milking parlor so not excatly just weld on or fibreglass ........i wish it were that simple, got to get the shape of the arch from nothing! its been fun to do.........very time consuming tho
JadeM
Premium Member

23rd Mar 06 at 23:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlamingCorsa

the lines round the arches now are much betta u got to remember these arches have been made from parts of are old milking parlor so not excatly just weld on or fibreglass ........i wish it were that simple, got to get the shape of the arch from nothing! its been fun to do.........very time consuming tho

Yeah I accept its difficult & takes alot of time - its not something I could do

Without any disrespect (Ive thought every other car you done has been spot on) im just not a fan of whats been done so far.....................maybe change my mind once its finished though

[Edited on 23-03-2006 by JadeM]
Chris Bingham

23rd Mar 06 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love your work mate! Been following your progress!
corsaaa_16v

23rd Mar 06 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think u should use a matt black mate, something different, to keep with the unique look!!
FlamingCorsa

23rd Mar 06 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JadeM
quote:
Originally posted by FlamingCorsa

Yeah I accept its difficult & takes alot of time - its not something I could do

Without any disrespect (Ive thought every other car you done has been spot on) im just not a fan of whats been done so far.....................maybe change my mind once its finished though

[Edited on 23-03-2006 by JadeM]

thats cool its nice to have people who are not sure about my ideas...........gives me a challange to change your mind when its done! dont expect everyone to like the car cos at the end of the day it should not look like any other car so it comes into catagory as jagcorsa, its a one off and some people like it somepeople dont!!!! its just summit a little different!
FlamingCorsa

23rd Mar 06 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaaa_16v
i think u should use a matt black mate, something different, to keep with the unique look!!

matt black is cool but it hides imperfectsion i wanna show people that there will HOPEFULLY be very few imperfectsions, not sure on colour, i have orange leather for inside, so was thinking of orange and black theme outside but not one seems to like idea!!!! gutted
corsaaa_16v

24th Mar 06 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think matt black with orange leather will look mint!! you could even mix the orange leather with some black suede to keep the subtle black/orange combo!!
mint work tho mate, wish i could do stuff like this??
how did you learn it all??
any more pics mate!?
FlamingCorsa

24th Mar 06 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i think matt black with orange leather will look mint!! you could even mix the orange leather with some black suede to keep the subtle black/orange combo!!
mint work tho mate, wish i could do stuff like this??
how did you learn it all??
any more pics mate!?

i am totally 100% self tought no collage corses just practice really, finally starting to get good and more confident in my work!

no more real visual progress to show u here are few pics i took last......few days ago!!!!

corsaaa_16v

24th Mar 06 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u expectin to finish it mate, and when you planning on the re-spray!!??
corsaaa_16v

24th Mar 06 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ps thats crazy mate, its a dream of mine to completely mod a car from scratch with all my own work, but to be honest, cant see it ever happening!!
good luck mate, looking forward to more progress pics
FlamingCorsa

24th Mar 06 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
u expectin to finish it mate, and when you planning on the re-spray!!??

it will get done, really want it done with interior also done for max power live which is june july time!!! just doing all the other jobs round it is prob, also got jagcorsa i wanna do few things to and VX, and kts tigra, and hitmans car...........and gotta finish this mini!!! thats tomorrow job.....the mini, painted inside today, outside tomorrow!
Rob B

24th Mar 06 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gonna look awsome when done, i love the rear arch's
digit

30th Mar 06 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any more updates on this mate?
Wrighty

30th Mar 06 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant help but think you should have left the standard rears now iaz....maybe il change my mind later on...

<<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » PROGRESS ON CORSABRAVA, cars cleaned and lots of pics in sun today on page43 23 database queries in 0.1161580 seconds