corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » PROGRESS ON CORSABRAVA, cars cleaned and lots of pics in sun today on page43

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PROGRESS ON CORSABRAVA, cars cleaned and lots of pics in sun today on page43
FlamingCorsa

User status: Offline
25th Nov 05 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jay_gee7
try findin a square one like the old seat ibiza or sumit, wud b hard but wud luk the muts

not sure if it wud be to hard to do really, just gotta be sure it gonna look right before doing it thats the main thing! need summit with similar curve othersise the tailgate wont line up etc!!! alot of things could go wrong if u chose the wrong rear window thats the
FlamingCorsa

25th Nov 05 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OR do i weld the rear screen up and the rear windows and make it in to a van makes it much less re saleable and not as nice to drive and reverse etc but wud look the ultimate in smoothness????????
cossie_corsa

25th Nov 05 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how about the bravo arbath spoiler, the one where it curves in towards the middle?? saw one on wed, would look ace i think.
ed

25th Nov 05 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlamingCorsa
OR do i weld the rear screen up and the rear windows and make it in to a van makes it much less re saleable and not as nice to drive and reverse etc but wud look the ultimate in smoothness????????
Or split the rear screen in half Renault 5 style. Not sure if it looks good though
cossie_corsa

25th Nov 05 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i was gonna do this but it would be trickey to get a perfect contour out of steel. much better to make a fibreglass or carbon mould of the rear screen and smooth it in properly. if its carbon you could always mask up a lgo(unless its considered way to tackey that is). ps i know where to get cheap carbon.
ed

25th Nov 05 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Do it, and have a reversing camera hooked up to a screen in the dash, will be uber coolio!
FlamingCorsa

25th Nov 05 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like alot of work and wud it make the car worth less after u think??? surely gotta be worht more as a car??
ajscorsa

25th Nov 05 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you done it with fibreglass it would be easier to remove, if you found it was causing a loss in value??
FlamingCorsa

25th Nov 05 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ajscorsa
if you done it with fibreglass it would be easier to remove, if you found it was causing a loss in value??

yea reson i wud do it in metal was to make it nice and strong!!! ummmm
jeff8png

26th Nov 05 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

defo no spoiler! keep it smooth as poss! not sure about rear window though?! anyways, keep up the good work iaz.
A2H GO

26th Nov 05 at 02:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always wanted to see corsa with completely smooth rear windows. i.e A contiuned pannel from the rear quarters up to the roof. Would be really hard to follow the curve of the rear quarter though
richysport

28th Nov 05 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any new pics
FlamingCorsa

15th Mar 06 at 01:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PROGRESS.............FINALLY!!!!

finally, wheels are done for the other lads pug, got the other corsa repaired and polished up and he picked that up tonight so after ..............15mins rest got motovated and thought lets make some progress on this car cos will have next car working on prob monday so gives me few days on this baby!!!!

i love the car fair play, think its got alot of potential, got flat time on the one side think it mainly due to lack of any tread and the wires of tire sticking out!!!!

well here we go more pics from tonight!!!

whipped bumper off and decided to smooth the holes for lights out, grinded off and fibreglassed up!!!!

pic from the front, made me realise how i need to re shape the bonnet on right hand side to match the left!!!! miles out

couple from the front

love this pic, soooo low!!! me gf moved the car round last week as i was moving another one and cought bumper, another crack to mend!!! opps

few of front side

one from back to front

just skimmed another layer of filler on roof gutters!!!

should have some more progress for the next few days so will keep the pics coming!!!!

its nice to be back working on it!!!

iaz
Butler

15th Mar 06 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think the bottom line on the bonnet should be totally flat TBH
Carl

15th Mar 06 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did he like his wheels in the end?
FlamingCorsa

15th Mar 06 at 01:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
did he like his wheels in the end?

he is warming to them, taking them tomorrow night then will go on car friday then c wot he things!!! think with black them will still look quite white like he wanted them to look
FlamingCorsa

15th Mar 06 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
Think the bottom line on the bonnet should be totally flat TBH

yea thing is where bumper meets bonnet is not totally flat thats y i just went with shape of the bumper on the bonnet
Butler

15th Mar 06 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought that might be the case. is it actually that shaped though, could extend the bonnet even more and have a lower line? I am a perfectionist it would bug me
FlamingCorsa

15th Mar 06 at 01:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can c here betta y teh bonnet goes down to where it does!!!

Butler

15th Mar 06 at 01:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aah I see, doesnt look to bad compared with the bumper on, not so noticable. Anyhow work looks amazing, hats off to ya
loo_goblin

15th Mar 06 at 02:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should b good
Twiggy

15th Mar 06 at 02:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iaz saw you by chester race course the other week in the Astra! fuck me thats nice!
FlamingCorsa

15th Mar 06 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy
iaz saw you by chester race course the other week in the Astra! fuck me thats nice!

it was filthly there, that was daybefore i was sold!!!!!!!!! i miss it very much, everything just seems so slow, i judt loved teh black and white theme on the car made it look not over teh top but a little special
Simon

15th Mar 06 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

youre not going to glitter paint it are you
FlamingCorsa

15th Mar 06 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
youre not going to glitter paint it are you

PROB not........cant say for sure got few ideas!!! just not sure which to go with!!!

basically, its between flip paint..........or BRIGHT colour to stand out contrasting with black wheels and detailing

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » PROGRESS ON CORSABRAVA, cars cleaned and lots of pics in sun today on page43 23 database queries in 0.1076851 seconds