corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Problem with Fog switch (have soldered a red LED in)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Problem with Fog switch (have soldered a red LED in)
RKS

User status: Offline
8th Oct 05 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey,

I have just been soldering red LED's into all my switches,and it looks pretty good

However I am having a slight bit of trouble with the Rear Fog light switch,

I have soldered it in correctly (i believe)

and after testing both LED's they both light up fine, except for when I put the switch back into the socket,

Switch goes in fine, turn the side lights on, and as expected the light for the illumination lights up perfectly,

Then if you try and put the fog lights on, press the switch and as expected the fog lights come on, also the light on the dash comes on, but the illumination light turns off, and the light in the switch which comes on when the fogs are on, doesnt come on,

What have I done wrong??

I have the earth of both LED's wiring in correctly and am using the correct pins for the positive, as the one works properly and the other LED is using the other pin,

its really confusing me.
Rob_Corsa

8th Oct 05 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you got a resistor in series with the led's?
RKS

9th Oct 05 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, i have got a resistor in there,

I have found the problem!!! the pin which i thought was earth, which i was told by a tutorial was earth infact wasnt the earth! so the illumination was getting 2 lives, but one was only a live when the fog lights were off, but all sorted now anyway!
RKS

9th Oct 05 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FYI all switches are now done!!! and fair play it was a bit of a pain to do, just waiting for it to get dark so I can see them all now!!

New Poll