corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » CORSA B SRi 8v, L reg, cutting out HELP!!!!!!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CORSA B SRi 8v, L reg, cutting out HELP!!!!!!!!!
livefastdriveyoung

User status: Offline
6th Oct 05 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my corsa B SRi 8v is running alright except after about 15 mins driving the engine management light comes on, and then when I come to a junction or roundabout to stop, and i put clutch in quick, the revs drop right down and sometimes cuts out. starts again no probs though, and after its bin turned off a few minutes, and i resart it, the engine management light is off again for about 15 mins.

Anyone had this problem??? Anyone know what it is???
Siberia

6th Oct 05 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is your speedo working?
livefastdriveyoung

6th Oct 05 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually no it isnt, was gonna get a cable at the weekend, do you think its related??
Gavin
Premium Member

6th Oct 05 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it defo gonna be the same problem that I and many other sri 8v owners have had
right... i had the same problem with my k reg 1.4 8v sri.... cutting out when comin to a stop..... kangeroo'in etc
the first fix I made was to replace the pipe highlighted in red in the pic, with 8v's this pipe tocuhes the hot parts of the engine and a small holes opens up therefore fucking up the vacuum within the pipe!
this sorted the propblem out....but then the car started to do it again over winter.... later found out it was cos of the pipes highlighted in blue. i looked inside them and they were full of thick mayo cream (headgasket was fine as it was replace 10 months ago so it wasnt caused cos of that) caused by condesation built up over the winter/ cold starts. I cleaned these out and the car was fine from then on.

towards the end (just before i sold the car) i replace the lamba sensor (£50ish) and the car was running like new....

try these in the order that i've sed and that may solve your problem. Please do not take ur car to vaux for a tech2 test as they cosst £££ to do and it tell u jack all about the fault or how to solve it

hope that helps... u2u me if you needs anymore.

pew pew pew pewwwww
Siberia

6th Oct 05 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by livefastdriveyoung
actually no it isnt, was gonna get a cable at the weekend, do you think its related??

absolutly! there is a speed sensor in you dials that gives the ecu information to controll you engine.. with the speedo cable snapped theres no signal going to the speedo sensor thus no signal going to the ecu so the ecu switches off your engine

get a new cable and the car will work fine

[Edited on 06-10-2005 by Siberia]
livefastdriveyoung

7th Oct 05 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers lads, ill give them a try, starting with the speedo!!
livefastdriveyoung

13th Oct 05 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just incase anyone interested, i changed the speedo cable and hey presto, car runs as sweet as a nut, thanks to everyone who replied

New Poll