corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Sunday League Football Thread

New Poll
  <<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Sunday League Football Thread
Robbo

User status: Offline
11th Feb 06 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a cup match today, away and we won 5-2 After going 1 nil down within 5 mins... was quality

I came on for the last 15 mins at right back and was applauderd by the goalie on several occasions and by the manager who took over linesmans duty from me So I was very pleased Was also told after the game by several people that Id had a great 15 mins... i got well stuck in for my time on the pitch but my positioning was a bit dodgy occasionally, the right winger kept telling me not to drift to far out wide as he would cover me if necy but then he kept getting his man an wondering off so i had to keep moving over an then id get worried that my man in the middle was free... comes with match experience i suppose :S
gianluigi

12th Feb 06 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cup game replayed from last week

Ref was bollocks

we lost 3-2

we played fucking well

i have scored in each round of the cup and i didnt play in this game

nothing else is to be said.
Robbo

12th Feb 06 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Know what you mean, a bit like our game last week, we lost, they were shite, we were worse, one of their players reffed an didnt send off their captain despite the fact that he punched our player
--Dave--
Banned

13th Feb 06 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we didn't play this week. I got pissed instead
Jamie Walby

13th Feb 06 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got pissed Saturday night then was up and ready. 4th start for me in a row since my come back from injury our 4th win on the trot. Since my injury I have hit a quality run of form. Feeling fitter evry game loving my football at the moment. the 4 wins have seen us rise from 3rd from bottom right upto 6th thats included a 3-1 win over the team in 2nd, 6-1 yesterday over the team thats 4th

past four results

4-1
3-1
3-1
6-1

Jonny P

13th Feb 06 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol im a veteran compared to u lot and im only 16

I play for the county though

i played for the 1st team on saturday, v.good standard, we won 3-2 and i come on at 1/2 time, ripped the arse out a few fellaz and hit the bar good performance overall and im the clubs 2nd top goalscorer with 14 in the league and 4 in the cup for my normal team ive got about 20 overall for the club as a whole

Managers etc are all impressed which is good
gianluigi

13th Feb 06 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you're a vetran?
Jonny P

13th Feb 06 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like you lot seem to have only started playing this year. This is my 1st full season of open age futy but ive been playing since i was 5
gianluigi

13th Feb 06 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i started playing football late. at the age of 16/17. this is my 3rd season of open age football
Edd

13th Feb 06 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jozza you are amazing

stop blowing your own trumpet ffs
Jamie Walby

13th Feb 06 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol @ Edd.

I been playing Sunday league for the same team since I was 14 Does this mean I am a veteran too?
Edd

13th Feb 06 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

before i had to stop playing he was the type of player i used to love playing against, all full of themselves one hard tackle and bitch goes down
gianluigi

13th Feb 06 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes these players who think they are above the rest and because they are playing sunday football they think they are god, put a hard tackle in, nick the ball, embarras them a bit, their head goes down and they will be pissed off and not play well and will try do it all themselves. i know this because there is a player like that on our team
Jamie Walby

13th Feb 06 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes we have been playing against a lot of teams that are very young teams, im the youngest player on my team by about 8 years. It seems that the young teams dont like hard tackles and we have adopted a getting stuck in style the last few games and it has payed off for us. I enjoy the physical side of football, especially when the pitch is as muddy as it was on Sunday
antscorsa

13th Feb 06 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hate cocky wankers, playe d ateam yday, we lost 4-0 but had no team out and 3 players got injured, no excuses we did paly shite but we beat them 2-1 at home already. i pulled hamstring so had to go off leaving them with 10 men
--Dave--
Banned

13th Feb 06 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been playing footy since the first time I was able to stand

Have always been good enough to play in Sunday league (like the majority in this thread I'd imagine) but never got motivated enough and always preferred pissing me weekend away doing something else.

16 and a veteran.... ok
barry_kellett99

13th Feb 06 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played left back saturday before last against our derby rivals and played really well, had to go off imjured at half time. Made myself train the next week anyway, when lots of others didnt, and i get dropped. Was not a happy puppy.

Came on with 5 mins to go to set up the equalizer to draw 2-2;

PS I am not sunday league either.
I am Amatuer League Saturday in Norn iron, i would say its similar level
Robbo

13th Feb 06 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ditto Dave, I played from 8-13 but then stopped and only restarted in November
Jonny P

13th Feb 06 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry about all them posts up there, lol, my mate was prickin about in mine before

I dont blow my own trumpet, im very self conscious of my footy performances. I hate getting awards for things. OK ive scored a fair few goals for my team but thats only because im faster than most the defenders i play against (hope that doesnt sound like im blowing my own trumpet??)

Im like jamie thought, love playing in the rain, makes the slide tackles all the more fun !!

Anyways, sorry about the posts up there, didnt notice he had posted them

Sorry dudes, i personally dnt think im like that and im sure the ppl who have met me off here will tell you that

Good luck for this weekend anways, we've got 2nd in the league
gianluigi

19th Feb 06 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went out of our second cup today lost 3-1 against a team 2 divisions higher. we played shit, we played well. but they seemed nothing special, just had one good #10 player and their keeper was on form.

concentrate on league now
Robbo

19th Feb 06 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Losyt 4-3 yesterday to a shite team full of fattys dont ask Same as t'other week really, well fk it the league is of no importance to us anymore... all about the Supplementary Cup
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

19th Feb 06 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

played today 1st game back after injury. (damo ligo) played right wing kept their captain out of the game

drew 2-2 and we had a man sent off after 15 mins

1st season as a team and we are 5th/14
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

19th Feb 06 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone elses league have 2 points for a win?
Jonny P

20th Feb 06 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Losyt 4-3 yesterday to a shite team full of fattys dont ask Same as t'other week really, well fk it the league is of no importance to us anymore... all about the Supplementary Cup

same here

we played 2nd in the league we are about 6th or 7th, we won 3-1 i won the penalty which put us 3-0 up

BUT

i could not hit a bastard barn door got ordered off the pitch by the ref because i had a huge gash to the leg which was pooring blood, so i came off for the last 10 mins.

Bit gutted about having to go off but hey ho, few butterfly stitches later and its ok
Jonny P

20th Feb 06 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
anyone elses league have 2 points for a win?

nope

0 - lose
1 - draw
3 - win

<<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Sunday League Football Thread 22 database queries in 0.1968200 seconds