corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » geting coolant out from engine, i know how 2 get the radiator stuff out but, how do u get engine wat

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author geting coolant out from engine, i know how 2 get the radiator stuff out but, how do u get engine wat
el_bichito

User status: Offline
27th Sep 05 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im changing the coolant i can get the water from radiator to come out but how do i get the one inside the engine....i know you put like heat on or something...i was reading the manual and it says you have to like remove the thermostat...with housing to do this on the corsa....wel on the GSi anyways the twin cam...any help would be apreciated. ive got the dirty water from the radiator out but still have to get the coolant in the engine out.

[Edited on 27-09-2005 by el_bichito]
deanmcreynolds26

27th Sep 05 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try using a flush with the coolant or fill up pull bottom hose off

maybe even put a hose in the coolant tank then take the hose off side of cylinder head and the water will have to come out their!
el_bichito

28th Sep 05 at 03:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah thanks for that but removing the hose hose doesnt...remove the water from the engine really...i will just have to reemove the thermostat to make sure...thanks for help
Cybermonkey

28th Sep 05 at 04:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to empty coolant from the engine block, you must remove the thermostat on DOHC engines

New Poll