corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Water Leak and Fan Problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Water Leak and Fan Problems
B6LLG

User status: Offline
   5th May 03 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recently i have had mass amount of water leakage from under the car its dripping out somewhere beneathe the fan belt (my engine is 1.4 16v) and when i was drvin the earlier the temp gauge is going up nearly into the red and no signs of the fan kickin in, anyone got any ideas what to do or what it could be? i mean yeah sure i have a leak but shouldnt the fan come on?
Keaney
andypsgwide

5th May 03 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

disconnect the lead from the fan to the switch and short it out using a bit of wire or a split pin.check fuse and sure there is a live going to the switch
Black Corsa SRi

5th May 03 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines a 1.4 16v and I had exactly the same prob as u mate! The fan will be fine dont worry its because your leaking water its not kicking in! The sensor for it is quite high up in the radiator so once u start loosing coolant the sensor is no longer in the water so it doesnt sense that the system is overheating so the fan doesnt kick in! My water leak turned out to be a cracked hose between the expansion tank and the engine block, it cost 7.95 from vaux but took 3 hours work to fit cause had to remove the expansion tank and a load of other stuff to do it!
B6LLG

5th May 03 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate guess you were lucky cos my leak is from the bottom left side of the oil sump, god knows how much this is gonna cost me! at least now i know why the fan doesnt kick in!
Adam-D

5th May 03 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could just be a pipe
or the water pump
pipe easy pump not so easy
but all fixable
B6LLG

5th May 03 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think its the water pump but i cant find it, any ideas where it is and how much one of these bad boys are?
Adam-D

5th May 03 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

those bad boys are behind the cambelt cover and a bastid to fit
bout £40 quid - guessing
B6LLG

5th May 03 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate looks like my next weekend is taken up then!

New Poll