corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » upgrading brakes on a 1.4 16v.....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author upgrading brakes on a 1.4 16v.....
MR2Mike

User status: Offline
17th Aug 05 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want 2.0 litre brand new brakes on my 1.4 16v sri... should i just order some 2 litre discs, pads and calipers for a vectra or something, or get some EBC/ BREMBO etc discs and pads for a 2.0 litre??

Also should i get the master cylinder off a vectra/cav or something??

and rough prices for the above options please

cheers
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

18th Aug 05 at 06:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as far as i know you can get away with 2ltr brakes without changing the master cylinder, though if you go for V6 you may want to consider changing it (I'm not 100% on that, people were commenting about a 'sproggy' feeling on the pedal when they upgraded to V6 brakes)

You just need the discs and calipers for a astra GTE or something like that, normally lots being sold on here, u2u Lee Mitchell he may be able to sell you some for a good price
Nic Barnes

18th Aug 05 at 06:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some people say that about v6 brakes yeah, ive got em on the corsa turbo, they feel fine to me, but my mate says the feel spongey, i never notice as i ever slam em on or use engine braking, lol
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

18th Aug 05 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got brand new 2litre calipers from autovaux. £50 each. and im using brembo discs and mintex pads. very good stopping power. plenty for most corsas.
Rileysport

18th Aug 05 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice set of braided hoses and some v6/turbo jobbies always gunna get better braking by having bigger discs and more powerful calipers rather than buyer fancy shmancy drilled and grooved discs etc
Nic Barnes

18th Aug 05 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i never understood the grooved and drilled discs you could buy for 1.2 callipers
MR2Mike

18th Aug 05 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks alot guys. so 2.0 litre discs for an astra gte ? i want brand new ones btw. and i shouldnt really need master cylinder?

cheers
Will94

18th Aug 05 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah m8 ur standard master cyl should be fine for just 2 litre ones. Make sure you get the caliper mounting brackets too or you might come a cropper. Are you buying the calipers new? if so they might not come with em...
MR2Mike

19th Aug 05 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i want everything new pal, dont trust people enough to buy the old anchors second hand lol, could be sticky caliper, warped discs or anything.

deffo brand new for brakes

New Poll