corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.2 16v Ecotec wantin 2stall whilst driving...(problem sorted)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.2 16v Ecotec wantin 2stall whilst driving...(problem sorted)
X 60RSA

User status: Offline
1st Aug 05 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically i got in my car last night, struck it up and it really did not want to idle.

About half a mile down the road and the engine management light started coming on, then off, then on........but only when the revs were at 3grand or below......and i was only just tickling the throttle.

The car was also trying to cut out, then it picked itself back up again...........on one occasion when i stoppeddd, the revs were at 1200rpm and climbing until i blipped the throttle....

I'm think Idle Valve?? Would a sticky idle valve make the car wana die up the revs tho?

Or some kind of throttle sensor?

Cheers fellas!

(ps:i had a new Air Flow Meter and Plugs 5weeks ago)

[Edited on 02-08-2005 by X 60RSA]
Will_Sport

1st Aug 05 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine didn't want to idle when the head gasket was going and it was only using 3 cylinders lol.

or find the fault code if the management light is coming on.
X 60RSA

1st Aug 05 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not loosin water yet thank god lol temp is fine as well.

Just strook the engine up, was idling at 500rpm.......management light was on......so i gave it some revs........out goes the light.........as the revs drop back to idle, was sitting just below 800rpm.......on comes the light again!

It looks like the idle valve is in with something else like the throttle potentiometer, maybe they work togethr on the x12xe engine???
X 60RSA

2nd Aug 05 at 02:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm getting it plugged in late afternoon on Tuesday for free thankfully, hopefully its a cheap fault! I'm not sure if its possible to clean the idle valves out like it is on the older engines eg;c20xe.........doesn't look like it can be cleaned......anyone know?
X 60RSA

2nd Aug 05 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After some annoying hours of driving and the engine wanting to stall/hesitate and over-rub......i finally got the car plugged into the computer tonight........it was down to the idle valve thing that site on the left hand side of the throttle body!

When i looked at the butterfly (think TOMAS had this problem ages ago) it was sticking against the side walls of the throttle body, i adjusted this, was a 5minute job.

Fitted the new idle valve jobby, cleared the faults and i'm fault free again!

I've had a new air flow meter, idle vale.......2 of the main problems with the x12xe sorted.......lets hope its a long time before the next!

[Edited on 02-08-2005 by X 60RSA]
RobHayes

2nd Aug 05 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just buy a new engine dave, its the only way

bear in mind i want to keep up, therefore an LET is not allowed
Will_Sport

2nd Aug 05 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where did you get it connected for free???

help out ur local cl member lol.

mine is juddering when i set off sometimes, no diagnostic light but its fecking annoying i tell ya, would a diagnostic be able to tell me why?

New Poll