corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help/ engine management disaster

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help/ engine management disaster
wilcorsa

User status: Offline
3rd Mar 04 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coming home last night, dropping my m8 off the car starts to jerk really badly whilst i'm driving, foot no where near the clutch. Engine management did come on whilst driving though, so i'm guessing it's something to do with the ECU (If thats what it is called ???)

Now i can't do anything. Went to go to work this morning
And the engine started with no problems. It idles for a couple of seconds, but as soon as you push the accelerator it cuts off. Sometimes even before.

I’ve rang some guy to come round with the computer thingy which attaches down by all the fuses, but that’s not till Monday, so I am fucked with out a car!!!

Has anyone else had this problem, because it’s supposed to quite common with corsa’s?

Or does anyone know a simple solution?

I did search for other threads for engine management but they weren’t really the same problem!

My car is a 1.0l 12v, 2000...
Richie

3rd Mar 04 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like its the Air mass meter or the EGR valve or something mate.
brummiesxi

3rd Mar 04 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuel filter? just had this problem on a paxo, sludge in the in-line fuel filter. cost 6 quid to do.
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

4th Mar 04 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ICV

New Poll