corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » distributor cap-Stalling at roundabouts and junctions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author distributor cap-Stalling at roundabouts and junctions
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Oct 03 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i come to junctions, my car just dies, and when u try to start it splutters and is hard to start. i've been told i need a new distributor cap, is this correct? and how much do they cost? also when im driving along the engine management light comes on for bout 10 seconds then goes off (think its engine management, this thing with like an electic bolt through it)
Skinner

26th Oct 03 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

couds like it could b ur dizzy cap and rotor arm but could b sumthing else since ur managment kights comeing on
vibrio
Banned

26th Oct 03 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most likely the Idle Air Control Valve. There are past threads relating to it - just needs a clean and refitment, and depending on which model can be easy or a cunt to get to. Once located, undo the screws securing it, clean it with carb cleaner then a quick squirt of WD40 onto the valve spring. Consult a Haynes manual for the correct length to reset the valve to, then refit. If it goes again, then it'll need a new one - but worth checking yourself rather than pay £80 from Vauxhall.

Joff
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

26th Oct 03 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers guys

New Poll