corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bodyshops...let down after let down

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bodyshops...let down after let down
a_j_mair

User status: Offline
26th Jul 05 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is the thing i am paying ALOT of £. i didnt just want a cheap and chearfull job. i wanted it done properly.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

26th Jul 05 at 09:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you sign a contract? any sort of agreement?
a_j_mair

26th Jul 05 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no signatures but i have a quote on his headed paper with all the work detailed out and the date is booked in. i also had a meeting with him where he admitted he was dragging his heels and that it would be finished tuesday 5th of july. i also had my girlfriend there who heard it all.
a_j_mair

26th Jul 05 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and i have most of the text messages he has sent me recently as well
a_j_mair

26th Jul 05 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

40mins till i phone police and report it stolen
jamesvalver

26th Jul 05 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines in the bodyshop atm bein repaired from the accident. its been there about 5weeks now n not much has happened 2 it but thats coz im still tryin 2 get the bits n where waitin 4 insurance 2pay out etc. i helped wen they sprayed my car (full respray). 4 the amount of work ur gettin done should b done in couple of weeks max if ur stayin the same colour!!
a_j_mair

26th Jul 05 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5 mins now.
yes he said 2-3 wks so i would allow 4 wks then he had to wait a week for new sideskirts so that is 5 weeks at the most!! so it has taken twice aslong as it should have at the maximum. I can appreciate there was alot of work

he had to weld the roof, smoothed the boot redone the door handles smothed in the sideskirts reshaped and fixed the front bumper that was in a mess. but that is no excuse whatso ever and i am
a_j_mair

26th Jul 05 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im off to the police station now aw well
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

26th Jul 05 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I paid 2.5k for my respray and bodywork and they took about 6-7 weeks to finish mine.
M4 NDZ

26th Jul 05 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
was supposed to get the car back on saturday morning had a phone call on friday night (the first in 10wks ) saying it wouldnt be ready and if i could pick it up on saturday night or preferablly sunday. i had a busy weekend and the latest i could pick it up was 8pm. so he txt me and said that it wouldnt be ready for that time. so i text him (never answers calls) on sunday morning to see when i could pick up the car so i could arrange my day - playing golf and drinking . he never replied until monday saying yeas it will be ready tonight and he would phone me in a wee while. well i tried calling him from 6pm and the phone was turned off so i waited till about 8pm to go up and collect it and low on behold he was nowhere to be seen so i still have no car his phone is still turned off and i am still
the only option i feel i have left is to now report the car stolen to the police unless he contacts me this morning

i am very annoyed and completely fed up.

rant over

which bodyshop is it ?
Edd

26th Jul 05 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one in glasgow he has never mentioned the name but most people know who it is
a_j_mair

26th Jul 05 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is costing £2100 and i would of accepted 6 or 7 at a push but the lack of/no comunication and endless missed deadlines has made it to much. i now have a lawyer sorting it out for me
Mikorsa16v

26th Jul 05 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

let us know how you got on mate!
oneoffz.co.uk

26th Jul 05 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi to all this is mad im setting up a body shop in Sheffield soon. I would like to say after about 2 years looking into it I am near to opening my own shop that will sell everything you will need to buy from lights / body kits / nos / purge kits / neon’s
Turbo kits / super chips and fitting / metal polishing / body kit fitting etc etc
Plus a spray shop and a nitro filling service but why are body shops like this I don’t know but with me I want every job to be finished like I would like it to be done good work and happy customers sorry to here all of this and I hope you all get your work done right im new to this site but I will try and help anyone that might need it.
StuartVRS

26th Jul 05 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oneoffz.co.uk
Hi to all this is mad im setting up a body shop in Sheffield soon. I would like to say after about 2 years looking into it I am near to opening my own shop that will sell everything you will need to buy from lights / body kits / nos / purge kits / neon’s
Turbo kits / super chips and fitting / metal polishing / body kit fitting etc etc
Plus a spray shop and a nitro filling service but why are body shops like this I don’t know but with me I want every job to be finished like I would like it to be done good work and happy customers sorry to here all of this and I hope you all get your work done right im new to this site but I will try and help anyone that might need it.

this all sounds really good and you have obviously spent some time looking into it. However a couple of things would concern me. From what you say you are not sticking to one area and appear to be trying to take on the whole modifying scene in one shop. Having so many different things to take care of can often end in disaster and make life difficult for yourself. Im not slating you, just expressing my opinion on it and i wish you all the success with your venture

In reference to this post though, hope you get your car abck and in the shape you wanted it mate Id expect at the very least to have it finished to a very high standard and a massive discount off the bill for the inconvenience
M2RTY

27th Jul 05 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even the best body shop turns into a con after a while

its all to do with over trading

take on too much work, no time to finish it off properly, do shite work, make excusses, even leave cars unfinished

as soon as someone sees the ££ in front of their eyes they will do anything to get the money

they are not business men, they should not be allowed to run a business, they know nothing about customer service, advertising and so on

they are usually people who are too thick to go to college who have access to the internet and a sea of foolish young lads with bank loans and no brains
DanielJ

27th Jul 05 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u shud open ur own bodyshop i recon
M2RTY

27th Jul 05 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DanielJ
u shud open ur own bodyshop i recon

if iaz did a business course and set up shop i would happily invest 20k in it
DanielJ

27th Jul 05 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u two would have an awesome shop between you
M2RTY

27th Jul 05 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DanielJ
u two would have an awesome shop between you

true, shame he lives a few miles away lol

im almost finished doing my business plan for a new ICE shop in the area as there are none half decent, hopefully it will all go to plan and i can leave the spraying behind and stay clean lol
a_j_mair

27th Jul 05 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have uplifted the car today. will post pics shortly
vibrio
Banned

27th Jul 05 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
more than the initial quote he thinks, as he has done more work than required even tho it is now 7wks longer than he should of

a quote is a legal document you don't paymore by law
big eck

28th Jul 05 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pics???
big eck

28th Jul 05 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oops just found the thread

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bodyshops...let down after let down 22 database queries in 0.1056359 seconds