corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bodyshops...let down after let down

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bodyshops...let down after let down
a_j_mair

User status: Offline
26th Jul 05 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was supposed to get the car back on saturday morning had a phone call on friday night (the first in 10wks ) saying it wouldnt be ready and if i could pick it up on saturday night or preferablly sunday. i had a busy weekend and the latest i could pick it up was 8pm. so he txt me and said that it wouldnt be ready for that time. so i text him (never answers calls) on sunday morning to see when i could pick up the car so i could arrange my day - playing golf and drinking . he never replied until monday saying yeas it will be ready tonight and he would phone me in a wee while. well i tried calling him from 6pm and the phone was turned off so i waited till about 8pm to go up and collect it and low on behold he was nowhere to be seen so i still have no car his phone is still turned off and i am still
the only option i feel i have left is to now report the car stolen to the police unless he contacts me this morning

i am very annoyed and completely fed up.

rant over
Edd

26th Jul 05 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

koni get your finger out of your arse
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

26th Jul 05 at 08:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take it your car has been there 10 weeks?

Also what are you getting done?
mav

26th Jul 05 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems you can't get a decent shop these days, all you hear is stories after stories etc etc...

I would be fecking raging m8............

[Edited on 26-07-2005 by mav]
loo_goblin

26th Jul 05 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cock slap the whore
willay
Premium Member

26th Jul 05 at 08:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mav
seems you can't get a decent shop these days, all you hear is stories after stories etc etc...

As much as the Bodyshops are to blame I cant help but think of the stupid customers getting mugged off.

REALLY if someone has my car to do work to it I'd search them to an N'th degree. I know we all get tempted by nice cheap prices but this is our pride and joy we are talking about.

If what hes saying is that the bodyshop had the car for ten weeks I'd be pissed. I'd be there once or twice a week to make sure something is happening and its not just sitting in some dusty corner wasting away while its still taxed and what have you.

rant over.
mav

26th Jul 05 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye know what u mean willay..
a_j_mair

26th Jul 05 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am fuckin raging he has no idea how pissed off i am.
i was getting a full respray eith the roof rails all smoothed over again
Edd

26th Jul 05 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont think he is exactly cheap either
Skinz

26th Jul 05 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell koni ian griffiths will unleash some rage on his ass if its not ready
a_j_mair

26th Jul 05 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is not cheap and i have been up several times. spent a whole day waiting and he never showed. i have been up numerous times after my work and he has not been there even tho he is workin all hours alledgelly (sp)
i do not just stay round the corner so its not easy to get up and i have wasted enough holidays because of him already!
Wrighty

26th Jul 05 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why dont you just go over there during business hours n get your car back....after 10 weeks i think i would
a_j_mair

26th Jul 05 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this has been done by a security firm, with trailer and everything, and guess what he wasnt there, text saying he was at a wedding rehersal or something they were going to uplift it anyway but on police advice i told them not to bother as the shoe would then be on his foot and i would be in the wrong i thot it was getting very close to being finished after this as he realised i had had enough. so i thot i will let him finish it as then i do not have the hassle of getting it booked somewhere else and it being off the road even longer. i am stuck in a catch 22 basically
PainZ

26th Jul 05 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its at koncept developments aint it?

Or whatever he calls it this week,

how much is it costing you?
loo_goblin

26th Jul 05 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pete wen u collecting urs from nottingham?
a_j_mair

26th Jul 05 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

more than the initial quote he thinks, as he has done more work than required even tho it is now 7wks longer than he should of
Blue

26th Jul 05 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking ridiculous mate.

Dunno how these bodyshops think that they can just run like a back street garage. If someone set up a reputable company with proper offices, working hours, customer service expectations etc they would rake it in.

People set up these places because they cant be arsed / too thick to get a real job.

Hope you get it sorted soon.
mwg

26th Jul 05 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You put some pictures up a few weeks ago showing it in the bodyshop? I think it was you anyway? If it was you I know what the company in question is called
a_j_mair

26th Jul 05 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i posted up some pics a while ago. was all stripped and primed. has taken ages and im lost for words on it now
mentalcorsa

26th Jul 05 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Blue
Fucking ridiculous mate.

Dunno how these bodyshops think that they can just run like a back street garage. If someone set up a reputable company with proper offices, working hours, customer service expectations etc they would rake it in.

People set up these places because they cant be arsed / too thick to get a real job.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

st bodyworx are spot on put my brothers car in there . total custom kit etc rang to check things whenever theres a problem etcetc when ever he went up there from nottingham (st is in wigan) steve was always there to talk them throught the car etc worked all late nights to get it done and it was only 4 days over the predicted time hense y i reccomend them to any1 as well as the quality of work been amazing
Ian W

26th Jul 05 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to a body shop that I knew and I'd seen there work...

Had a full repaint plus general repairs to the body done, took them nearly 3 weeks so wasnt to bad.

After 10 weeks i'd be down there collecting my car, even if they do finish it, it will be a rush job because there being forced into it

[Edited on 26-07-2005 by Ian_Gsi16v]
Adge

26th Jul 05 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

st bodyworx are spot on put my brothers car in there . total custom kit etc rang to check things whenever theres a problem etcetc when ever he went up there from nottingham (st is in wigan) steve was always there to talk them throught the car etc worked all late nights to get it done and it was only 4 days over the predicted time hense y i reccomend them to any1 as well as the quality of work been amazing

cheers mate, was great to get to know u and your brother. glad to see we have some happy customers, i think every bodyshop can make mistakes, if this has happened a few times i would be worried but if its the first time maybe hes just busy or been on hoilday or sumthing, 10 weeks is a silly long time tho, 3 weeks maximum!
corb

26th Jul 05 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i paid 2k for mine to be done. people slated me for it. it was finished on the day it was agreed to be ready on and in perfect condition just as agreed.

pay for what ya get. also, worth checking people experiences with a company before you go there and take a good look around their premises(sp).

Kev at bodyline walked me round his bodyshop the 3 times i went there before leaving my car with him and showed me round each of the 6 or 7 cars he had in there each time. He does all the bodywork for brands hatch and lots of insurance companies etc.

i'd pay him the same rate for any future work on my car. would you take yours there again?!
corb

26th Jul 05 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh, and he took 9working days on mine iirc.
willay
Premium Member

26th Jul 05 at 09:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno Corb, 2k does feel excessive but if thats what you have to pay for a good job these days thats what you gotta pay!

Anyone who wants my business has to be able to do what your bodyshop done for you, walk you around and show you his pride and joy. It makes you feel comfortable in the fact that he does work that is good enough to show off to potential customers

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bodyshops...let down after let down 22 database queries in 0.0992808 seconds