corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Question!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Question!
Mr Average

User status: Offline
6th Jul 05 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello, am new to the corsa sport forum but have a few questions about a car i may be buying. Its neil from max powers blue corsa....dunno if anyone remembers it but theres a few issues that need sorting out and i was hoping you guys could help....

firstly after it had the 2 litre lump dropped in the dials stopped working, i was told i would just need to replace the speedo cable, is that right?

also how reliable is the 2 litre calibra engine in a corsa? all i know is that it was fitted by cossvaux which cant be a bad thing right? Other than that any advice would be gratefully recieved. cheers guys
VegasPhil
Premium Member

6th Jul 05 at 10:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it the one with the CCM front bumper. Resprayed in a really nice bluey/purple colour? I remember it.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Mr Average

6th Jul 05 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is indeed
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

6th Jul 05 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably need to get a set of mechanical clocks from a gsi to run it with a speedo cable. if the car was made after 1996 it will have electronic clocks. you can use a worm drive electronic speedo sender in the gearbox and link that to the electronic clocks, but not sure which one you need to use.

(if your clocks start at 10mph its mechanical if 0mph theyre electronic.)
Mr Average

6th Jul 05 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its pre 1996 so by the sounds of it they will be mechanical...i was told if i get the speedo cable from a calibra and replace the corsa one it would work...failing that get the calibra clocks and use them if they'll fit???
Dave A

6th Jul 05 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will be a mechanical clock then. probably a case of getting another speedo cable.
Mr Average

6th Jul 05 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks mate ill give it ago, any ideas where to start looking? Not a good start having a 2 litre corsa and not having a working speedo
Dave A

6th Jul 05 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the engine in that car was fully re-biult before the transplant, so it should be ok. check the usual things like wear on tyres, b pillars, any rust, etc...

how much is it going for btw?
Mr Average

6th Jul 05 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah its just been rebuilt for the second time so it should be pretty sweet.
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Jul 05 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What year is the car?

If the clocks start at zero they are electronic - you'll need to change them for ones starting at 10.
Mr Average

6th Jul 05 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think they start at 0, the corsa in question i beleive is a 93. so i assume there the mechanical type that use a speedo cable.
Mr Average

6th Jul 05 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok so i just found out the clocks start at 10....will i still just need a speedo cable to fix them or is it alittle more complicated?
ed

6th Jul 05 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just need the speedo cable, takes a bit of fiddling to fit, but not hard. Worst comes to wirst it might be the drive from the gearbox to the cable, if it is then you just need to replace that too, another 10 min job, the parts wont det you back more than about £30 either... The enignes are reliable when looked after, especially as Neil had Cossvaux re-build it

New Poll