corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa Track Rods

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Track Rods
cookie

User status: Offline
11th Jun 05 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi

Wonder if anyone could help me. I have been having handling problems for well over a year now. Someone told me to check the rods by popping the track rod ball joints and feeling how slack the rod is, ie. push it up to the top and if its okay you should be able to knock the track rod down in steps without it just flopping straight down. Well the passenger side just drops from top to bottom and the drivers side sticks a bit but once its level it also just drops down.

Is this the correct way to test them? The corsa has PAS, and looking in the Haynes manual it pretty much says that the whole rack would need replacing. Is this a nasty job and how do you go about getting a new rack. I dont mind doing work on the car but is this something thats usually best to get a garage to do?

Thanks for any help

[Edited on 11-06-2005 by cookie]

[Edited on 11-06-2005 by cookie]
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
11th Jun 05 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check if there is play in and out of the rack, jack up one side at a time and pull on the rod. if there is play there is a problem. up and down doesnt really matter as it will need to do this when your suspension compresses and re-bound under normal driving conditions.

whats the handling probs you have?

New Poll