corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Suspension/ Steering problem 1.4 16v Corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Suspension/ Steering problem 1.4 16v Corsa
cookie

User status: Offline
12th Mar 04 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a problem with my Corsa 1.4 16v( P reg ). Its been playing up for some time now but the problem seems to be getting worse. Im not sure if the suspension is knackered or there is something wrong with the steering components, but when driving in a staight line everything seems fine, but when cornering it feels like a barge. When pulling off from stop and then backing off the acceleration a clicking noise is heard, it seems to be from the front right wheel. I jacked the front of the car up and when you move the front right wheel to full lock the same clicking noise is heard. When looking at the top of the strut in the engine bay, you can see when the clicking noise is made, the top of the strut is snapping back round. The other side doesnt do this.

When doing the bounce test on each side, everything seems fine, but when driving round corners it feels like one of the wheels isnt turning properly. It seems like one of the wheels is at a different angle to the other and causes the car to roll really bad.

Has anyone had this problem or can offer some advice. Im going to take both struts out this weekend and try to see if anything is wrong, what should i be looking for?

Thanks
MODDEDCORSAGSI

12th Mar 04 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

double check ur cv joints and track rods while ur at it, this may b the problem
Skinner

12th Mar 04 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds a bit like ur top mounts have gone

New Poll