corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Alloys & Vauxhall?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alloys & Vauxhall?
Devilish_Nitro

User status: Offline
   29th Jan 04 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright

I was just wondering about vauxhall and alloy mods. I can;t remember where i heard about it but does changing your standard wheels to new alloys from another company invalidate your 3 years warrenty? Becuase i remember someone saying that they could not have a new PAS rack becuase of it

Is it worth changing it if it does invalidate, as in will other parts still be covered?

Thanks
R Lee

29th Jan 04 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think many people have gone and changed their alloys without even considering the warranty. just do it man. dont be scared and get some brand spanking new alloys.
Devilish_Nitro

29th Jan 04 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hehe just wondering, i don't want the steering going up the shoot in the corsa and finding out they won't cover

oh well guess ill have to see
bubble

29th Jan 04 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work for vaux. susp and wheels grey area. on corsa c 17s and springs will knacker wheel bearings after a while. vaux WILL refuse to pay. just wheels as long as offset ok and actual circumfrential rolling distance of wheel is same as standard then ok. LISTEN TO THIS THOUGH. FROM MODEL YEAR 2004 (IE IF CHASSIS IS W0L0XCF084 THE 4 IS MODEL YEAR) ANY ENG MODE EVEN PANEL FILTER OR K N FILTER WARRANTY IS VOID CUZ LOADS OF NEW Z SERIES ENGINES FAILIN ON MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR DUE TO INCORRECT PARAMETERS CUZ OF AIR FLOW. SO IF FAULT OCCURS REMOVE YOUR UPGRADE FILTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Devilish_Nitro

29th Jan 04 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, thanks for the advice

im just thinking on some high profile 15/16's nothing to radical so they should not be too different i would of thought.

wow vauxhall invalidate just for a filter?
bubble

29th Jan 04 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YEAH CUZ THE Z ENGINES, IE Z12XE,Z13DT,Z14XE,Z14XEP,Z18XE ALL HAVE SET PARAMETERS IN THE ECU AS TO HOW MUCH AIR COMES IN. STANDARD VX FILTER AVERAGE ABOUT 56KG/MIN AIR THROUGH FILTER. WITH KN OR OTHER ABOUT 97KG/MIN, WELL ON MY PIPERCROSS IT IS. SO WHAT HAPPENS IS THE ECU RECORDS THE AMOUNT OF AIR OVER A CERTAIN TIME. BCUZ IT DONT KNOW THAT U ARE ALLOWIIN MORE AIR IN VIA KN, IT REPORTS THE MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR AS BEING FAULTY. BCUZ THE ECU IS FIX EEPROM MEMORY IT WONT ADJUST ITS SETTING WITHOUT THE AID OF OUR DIAG TECH2. SO IT THINKS MAFS FAULTY AND THEN SAYS TC 45 PRESENT MASS AIR FLOW VOLTAGE HIGH.
Devilish_Nitro

29th Jan 04 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol thats insane

[Edited on 29-01-2004 by Devilish_Nitro]
bubble

29th Jan 04 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YOUR NOT WRONG
Greg_M

29th Jan 04 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and you talk shit.

vauxhall will sell you 17's to put on your corsa C, and he got his rack repaired. vaux will try and riggle out of everything, just keep telling them that they will do it and they will do it in the end.
Greg_M

29th Jan 04 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and turn the caps lock off
M1K3

30th Jan 04 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

getting me quite worried now.....

i put 17's on my corsa c... the offset was advised by demon tweaks, could this be doing damage to my car, also when/if my car fooked up, isn;t it just a case of putting the old wheels back on to keep the warrenty valid ???

Paul H

30th Jan 04 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Devilish_Nitro
Alright

I was just wondering about vauxhall and alloy mods. I can;t remember where i heard about it but does changing your standard wheels to new alloys from another company invalidate your 3 years warrenty? Becuase i remember someone saying that they could not have a new PAS rack becuase of it

Is it worth changing it if it does invalidate, as in will other parts still be covered?

Thanks
it was me mate yes they are very funny about aftermarket alloys and warranty.my steering rack went and they argued for ages that my wheels had caused the problem.saying they where to big.even though they sell 17's for the corsa c.got it sorted in the end but iv'e bought some spare sxi alloys just for days it goes to vauxhall
Paul H

30th Jan 04 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M1K3
getting me quite worried now.....

i put 17's on my corsa c... the offset was advised by demon tweaks, could this be doing damage to my car, also when/if my car fooked up, isn;t it just a case of putting the old wheels back on to keep the warrenty valid ???

the corsa c has a big problem with the racks going.even if you had your standard rims on chances are it will still go.mine did knock before i put my 17's on but i thought it was just normal till i was reading about how they had been getting loads of corsa c and vectra's with the same fault.this is when i took mine in and hey presto knackered rack.
AndyCorsa

30th Jan 04 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like Greg said, they will try to get out of doing anything to your car under warranty if they can. I asked them about putting 17's and springs on my C and they argued with me saying that the corsa is not designed for big wheels etc. But then I phoned them back a few days later and they said that 17's and lowering springs wouldn't be a problem as long as they were purchased from Vauxhall and fitted by them
Devilish_Nitro

30th Jan 04 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
it was me mate yes they are very funny about aftermarket alloys and warranty.my steering rack went and they argued for ages that my wheels had caused the problem.saying they where to big.even though they sell 17's for the corsa c.got it sorted in the end but iv'e bought some spare sxi alloys just for days it goes to vauxhall

Is that just for 17's? or could i put some 15's on and they would be ok?

Cheers
AndyCorsa

30th Jan 04 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Devilish_Nitro

Is that just for 17's? or could i put some 15's on and they would be ok?

Cheers

f*ck it, get some 17's and just keep your old wheels just incase anything goes wrong.
Paul H

30th Jan 04 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats for any aftermarket alloys like andycorsa said get some 17's and keep your old wheels just incase
Devilish_Nitro

30th Jan 04 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i will just incase, im gonna have to find out about 17's coz i bet the ratios etc.. or whatever are alot different.
Paul H

30th Jan 04 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it's for a sxi which came with 15's as standard then the 17's are the same rolling ratio
Scotty_B

30th Jan 04 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Corsa C is going in to get its 3rd steering rack fitted in less than a year. They said that lowering the car wasn't the cause of the problem and that Corsa Cs were prone to knackering their steering racks.
5xi

30th Jan 04 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hehe...my corsa C is going in for it's 3rd steering wheel. No relavance but thougth i would add it
grigglet33

30th Jan 04 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an astra coupe, the diff went on it, the car has aftermarket 18's on it, its also lowered, vauxhall did not seem bothered and got all the work done under warranty! It just depends what your local dealer is like i think!

New Poll