corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help a few Questions pls

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help a few Questions pls
Ransom

User status: Offline
31st May 05 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok total noob here on engines, gonna try for a night time mechanics course in september, but i got a few questions firstly please.
plz dont flame me i gotta learn the stuff somewhere so thought i might as well ask here

Ok i got the car but do not have the wheel locking nut's spanner / bolt!.
been to halfords, local garage, an Emailed Team Dynamics up (where the alloys are from

The responces i got were
Halfords, no idea ....
Local Garage, they can hammer them out thus me needing 1x set of locking nuts 4xWheel nuts
Team Dynamics, sent me some star type bolts but were too large to fit :/

Would anyone have any idea's of
1)where to buy standard Wheel nuts + Locking nuts
2) What way is best to remove the nuts and pysically get the wheel off the car.
pics of the nuts on the car wheels are Team Dynamics - Speed Eights

What is this ? looks important

Where can i get a SPAX RSX Adjustable Suspension Key from, maybe called a C Spanner? And halfords to Not sell them
http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/pp/Suspension/Coilover_Kits/Spax_RSX_Vauxhall_Corsa/Tigra/Nova_all_models_to_2000.html

What is the best way to clean this Air Filter, its a K&N one, looks a bit dirty, but dont wanna do something to clean it that might ruin it

My car has a PAS box / thingy but doesnt have power steering, any idea how come there's a pipe that runs off behind the engine block so i couldnt follow
it althogh it did seem to be securly fitted and not loose,

Also what or how would be the best way to clean the metal below the Vauxhall Words as its pretty coroded (the silver bit) can i paint it or what to get it back to being shiney
This is a picture of the Engine

Thanks in advance for the replys
Crasher
Nic Barnes

31st May 05 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a garage to hammer a wheel nut extracotr over it. i had it done a few years ago on a 205 gti. then get new locking wheel nuts and look after the key

thing in pic that is important is oil filter
Chroma-tised

31st May 05 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would suggest getting your standard wheel nuts from a scrappy or salvage place.

For getting your locking wheel nuts off then:
Try to get hold of a bolster (which is used for chiseling concrete) which will just fit inside the head of the locking wheel nut,
It has to be a good fit or just slightly bigger which means you will have to smack it into the head of the locking wheel bolt.
Most bolster's are hexagonal shape... so you will then have to get an adjustable spanner on it and bar and turn.

I don't know if this will work but there is another way which is:
Drill a 6mm hole 10mm into the centre of the bolt,
Next you will have to get a set of nut extractors, these are like engineer's taps but with a reversable thread.
Turn the right size extractor into the hole you have drilled with an adjustable spanner so that the extractor cuts into the locking nut bolt but turns for it to come out.

I hope maybe this will be some help.
Chroma-tised

31st May 05 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you sure you don't have power steering???

For shiney under bonnet bits then:
www.custom-covers.co.uk/
Joff

31st May 05 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the C-spanner contact ANY Spax dealer, or even Spax themselves 01869 244771.

For the air filter, get a K&N filter recharge kit, have a go at cleaning, realise you've made a complete mess and that you've put too much oil on the filter which could damage any sensors in your air intake... so you give up and buy a Pipercross filter

New Poll