corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Electric Window Conversion

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Electric Window Conversion
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Apr 05 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a look at the FAQ, and I dont think I have the required loom to perform the conversion.

Here is a pic of my multiplug thingy, could someone confirm?

If I went to a scrappy, and found a car with the right loom (I know hes got a GSi in there right now) what do I need exactly? Where does the door loom start, where can I disconnect it from the GSi?

Any other advise for attempting this conversion?

Cheers

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Apr 05 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
James@CCC

25th Apr 05 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

definately looks like theres not enough there. id guess its newer car than 96 i think they stoped.

i was lucky and had it but i think u need, motors, regulators, door loom, connecting loom, and a new incar loom.

i dunno never did it, but i hear its a ball ache.
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Apr 05 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok cheers mate, its a 98 Breeze.

Any more opinions?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Greasemonkey

25th Apr 05 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not enough pins there matey, anything r reg and later had the looms raped of all the extra unused stuff as a cost saving excersise from the boys at Vauxhall, without the wiring its difficult, some one did it on here and it wasnt easy
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Apr 05 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, well im looking for stuff to do when I finish college to fill in the summer

If I went to the scrappy though, and got out the car side loom from the GSi, where does it start if you know what i mean. Where does that bit of loom start and finish?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Greasemonkey

25th Apr 05 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i was you i would take all the wiring out the doors (GSI) cos then you would also get leccy mirrors too, ya need the door pockets with switches, passenger and drivers side then take the multi plug also, cut all the wires off and write down where they came from, they only need to have power and earth and be linked across the car so driver can do the passenger window, it will be wired into the fuse box, maybe take this too cut all the wires and join them bakc together again at home in ya motor
paulszat

25th Apr 05 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If Vauxhall stripped out unnecessary wires after R reg then I got an oddball. Mine is an X reg 1.2sxi - came with manual windows but the loom in the car has all the connections to do electrics! All I did was bought regulators and door looms.
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Apr 05 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool Cheers. Ill have a word with the guy at the breakers, see how much he'll want for that lot.

What are these universal kits like? Do they rely upon the loom? how do they work?

Cheers

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
James

25th Apr 05 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought about doing this, but decided it was too much effort so i went out and bought a GSi instead
DODG-E

26th Apr 05 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its soo much agg mate, i actually decided to go to the breakers and get a loom cos i got all the central locking bits, and electric window and mirror bits in my garage.......... but...

i went to the scrappy.... started taking it out.. and thought F*UK THIS! its the whole wiring inside the car aint it... front to back as far as i could make out!
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Apr 05 at 08:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol is it really that hard to get the car side loom out?

Oh well, has anyone tried those kits on ebay for electric window conversions? What are they like?

Cheers

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Apr 05 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone tried one of those universal kits?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Greasemonkey

28th Apr 05 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the universal kits suck, the sound dodgey, hardly ever work properly the vauxhall stuff is best
James@CCC

28th Apr 05 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont use universial shit. if u must at least use vuxhall motors and regulators and switches. if the wirings all thats gay itll still be gay with universal. just wire them in urself insted of changing the whole loom
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Apr 05 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, for the wiring obviously i would need a poss, neg and earth, with the switch bunged in somewhere.

Would it be safe to wire a GSi Regulator and Switch directly to my battery without utilising the loom?

Cheers for the caution on universal kits

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
James@CCC

28th Apr 05 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it would all depend matey. id either buy or go to the libary to look at a haynes to copy all the wiring.

i would wire it exactly as it is done in the loom, but it would save the keep for a whole new loom and complete replace. go to maplins or something and buy lots of diff coloured wire and some cable ties and go for it.

Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Apr 05 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate, I would get the loom out of the GSi at the scrappy, but I dont have a clue where that particular bit starts if you know where I mean.

Surely theres a point where I can just disconnect the loom and pull it all out?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
James@CCC

28th Apr 05 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea im sure there is, but again i dont really no i tried having a gand in my epc but it doesnt tell me too much about this right now...

if u cant get the whole loom out you could follow my plan of just running a few wires into the car from the doors and goin it that way.
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Apr 05 at 22:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, will do mate. Cheers for the help.

If anyone else has done this before, some guidance would be appreciated

Cheers

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
James@CCC

28th Apr 05 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had another look in my epc (wish my tis worked would make this easier) and the wirirng for the whole car is made up for 2 door looms, boot loom, car loom and instrument panel loom.

i dunno if u need the car one or the instrument panel one, but either way it looks like a lot of wires and a lot of fiddling. good luck mate!

if u werent so bloody far away i might offer to help!
Richie

29th Apr 05 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mav 3000 did the conversion in his corsa, he was a very depressed monkey before, during and got a little bit better after it

But i say dont do it as its a fucking pain without no loom wires
Richie

29th Apr 05 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Read this thread of Mav's, might put you off

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=74343
Greg_M

29th Apr 05 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by paulszat
If Vauxhall stripped out unnecessary wires after R reg then I got an oddball. Mine is an X reg 1.2sxi - came with manual windows but the loom in the car has all the connections to do electrics! All I did was bought regulators and door looms.

theres your answer. its an sxi, and so has sport trim, and electric wingmirrors hence -loom
Kyle T
Premium Member

29th Apr 05 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers everyone, Ill think about it for a bit and then talk to the guy at the scrappy.
If he's willing to part with the stuff for cheap, I might aswell give it a go!

Cheers

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll