corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 2.0 16v redtop into corsa 1.4 8v

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2.0 16v redtop into corsa 1.4 8v
rowen20

User status: Offline
6th Apr 05 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, i've just got myself a corsa b, 1.4 8v single point injection i think and the timing belt has snapped. i have been offered a cavalier gsi 2.0 16v redtop engine and loom. how would i go about fitting this myself as im on a tight budget? im a qualified mechanic but this is my first engine conversion so any pointers would be greatly appreciated. also i would like to keep the PAS is this possible? thanks for your time
BeArDy

6th Apr 05 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=207923

wish people would look before posting
rowen20

6th Apr 05 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i saw that but i was asking as someone might have done the conversion on a corsa and be able to help me out better
BeArDy

6th Apr 05 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do a search it gets ask 10000's time
and the fitting into a Nova and a Corsa is just the same, just Corsa dont need Chas leg knocked out or shel strenghting
rowen20

7th Apr 05 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks for your help
SteveW

7th Apr 05 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need a fitting kit, these cost about £500, you could just buy/weld a new front engine mount and get your hubs lathed by somone who knows what they are doing because you need to use big CV joints from the Cavalier. You can get away with the Cavalier or Astra driveshafts but they are too long and will wear the bearings quicker apparently, also the lathed hubs are prone to breaking apparently. The wiring is simple, just plug in and join the right wires together - they match colour for colour. You should look at re-building the engine, never take anyones word on how reliable a 10+ year old engine is, chances are they are chatting out of thier ass.

New Poll