corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 28 inch TV's 28 quid, i've bought 3, think they fucked up!

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 28 inch TV's 28 quid, i've bought 3, think they fucked up!
supacook2k

User status: Offline
5th Mar 05 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they dont have to sell it to you if the wrong price is advertised as it is up to the company but if theyve taken the money then i think you've got a good case!
Adam_B

5th Mar 05 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They can change the price at any time they want till you receive the goods. They probably wont just suddenly charge you £300 so id be expecting an email

[Edited on 05-03-2005 by Adam_B]
mav

5th Mar 05 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you go into a shop and somethying is advertised say at £20 instead of £50 by mistake by law they have to sell you it at price advertised.

Like for instance a few months ago I went into homebase to get a roll of wallpaper and it is £9.99 a roll..I seen one roll with 99p on it...thought

so took it to till and they said somebody had put it on there and thats not the price...

But they had to give it to me at 99p..She went and seen her manager and had to sell it at that price.......

But the company on the net might just try and get out of it and would be a pain trying to get it for that price..If I get one fair do's but if not get a refund and nothing lost

[Edited on 05-03-2005 by mav]
Recaro1

5th Mar 05 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always thought that if somethings advertised at that price, they dont legally have to sell it at that price.

For example, say a car is on the forecourt of vauxhalls. Has the price advertised in those stick on numbers to the front windscreeen. Say the last digit falls off due to heat. Would then then have to sell at £500 instead of £5K.

If a shop charges you say £500 instead of £5000 then thats final. As you have both agreed the price and the sale has been completed.

[Edited on 05-03-2005 by Recaro1]
mav

5th Mar 05 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the site has comlpeted sale etc as got 3 confimation emails saying sale confirmed etc..
money debited etc.

dunno see what happens....
Recaro1

5th Mar 05 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then they have to sell it at that price.

But they will prob try and cancel all your orders and email you saying there was a mistake to try and get out of it.

Which you dont have to take. (I think)
mav

5th Mar 05 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

trading standards will be getting alot of calls.........
Adam_B

5th Mar 05 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres different rules for buying online to walking into a shop. The transaction for online purchases is only completed when you receive the goods, in a shop it completed as soon as they give you a receipt
Ryan L

5th Mar 05 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed with Adam_B about there being different rules for the internet and face to face transactions

with face to face transactions as soon as offer is made (by customer) and then accepted by the retailer (i.e. by sending you an order confirmation) then the contract is legally binding as the terms have been agreed to, with regards to the old numbers in a car falling off so only read £500 rather than £5000 there is no legal onus on retailer as placing a car on the forecourt for sale is an invitation to treat and then the onus is on the customer to make the offer which then needs to be accepted by the dealer

im just researching the legal position of this now so will try to let you lot know, they might try and argue that the contract is void due to unilateral mistake and that they can revoke their offer anytime up until the completion of the transaction but try and argue with them that the contract has been completed in fact as an order confirmation has been recieved (thus they have communicated their acceptance) and that they money has been debited from the account, also dont mention for a second that the only reason you bought it was becuase of its price, those of you who ordered 6 or so are the ones who definitely won't get anything

i ordered one by the way as well,

[Edited on 05-03-2005 by Ryan L]

[Edited on 05-03-2005 by Ryan L]
mav

5th Mar 05 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only bought 1..didn't want to be greedy

your right about them confirming the order at price stated............
mattyboy199

5th Mar 05 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Regarding Samsung 28inch pure flat widescreen TV (quick find code 86649)

Please note that the above item has been incorrectly priced on our website and
under our Terms and
Conditions 2.3 which states,

Every effort is made to ensure that prices shown on the Supplier's website are
accurate at the time
you place your order. If an error is found, the Supplier will inform you as soon
as possible and
offer you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price, or
cancelling your order. If
the Supplier does not receive an order confirmation within 14 days of informing
you of the error,
the order will be cancelled automatically. If you cancel the order, or if the
order is cancelled
automatically due to the expiry of the 14 day period, the Supplier will refund
or re-credit you for
any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card for the
goods.

We will not be supplying this item. In this instance we have cancelled your
order and issued you a
refund, we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Regards,

Ebuyer Customer Support.
X 60RSA

5th Mar 05 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got that 2!
mattyboy199

5th Mar 05 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so will everyone
M2RTY

5th Mar 05 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mav
If you go into a shop and somethying is advertised say at £20 instead of £50 by mistake by law they have to sell you it at price advertised.

Like for instance a few months ago I went into homebase to get a roll of wallpaper and it is £9.99 a roll..I seen one roll with 99p on it...thought

so took it to till and they said somebody had put it on there and thats not the price...

But they had to give it to me at 99p..She went and seen her manager and had to sell it at that price.......

But the company on the net might just try and get out of it and would be a pain trying to get it for that price..If I get one fair do's but if not get a refund and nothing lost

[Edited on 05-03-2005 by mav]

my mam is an area manager for JD williams and she gets people comming in all the time puttin 99p stickers on cameras, designer shoes etc which in itself is ILLEGAL to do and just as bad as shop lifting

when thye try to buy the mispriced item my mam simply refuses to sell them, even if they throw the money at her they do not have the right to buy them

if something is wrongly priced then some places will sell it as an act of good will, which is up to them
X 60RSA

5th Mar 05 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will get my money back, ive e mailed trading standards just to see if i have a leg to stand on, see what i get back on monday.

Always worth a try!
Dom

5th Mar 05 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattyboy199
so will everyone

yup, knew we wouldnt get it
Although anyone know the exact law about this? - just wondering if there is anyway we can get this item?
Ryan L

5th Mar 05 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as mentioned above they have a clause in their terms and conditions that states the terms of the contract can be changed if an error is made

although all trading standings will care about is whether or not it was deliberate, if so then everyone should get their tele's, if not deliberate no teles for no one

i personally think it was done for publicity, look at previous cases when it happened.

Amazon case with iPaq was the year prior to them recording a net profit for first time and the Argos case was only months after the online services came active. Ebuyers way of getting attention, although ive ordered from them a few times before, good service ive always had and prices are pretty good too
mav

5th Mar 05 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh well...

I got the email.....i'll just make sure I get my money back....
Twiggy

5th Mar 05 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me to!

Worth a try!
Adam_B

5th Mar 05 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahem

told ya so
Dom

5th Mar 05 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
ahem

told ya so

i feel if you re-read the thread, you will see that i knew it wouldnt work even before i placed an order in for mine, so you didnt tell me squat

however, it was worth a shot, and it will be interesting what X 60RSA's email from trading standards will say
Ryan L

5th Mar 05 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
ahem

told ya so

i feel if you re-read the thread, you will see that i knew it wouldnt work even before i placed an order in for mine, so you didnt tell me squat

however, it was worth a shot, and it will be interesting what X 60RSA's email from trading standards will say

thats if they can be bothered to get back to him
Rob H

5th Mar 05 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
it will be interesting what X 60RSA's email from trading standards will say

All the email will say is that they made an error in the pricing, and the disclaimer in their T&C's means they are right in what they have done.
Kenni

6th Mar 05 at 02:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Company offers Price on net

Customers accepts the Price

Company sends out an email stating that the order has been accepted

Company debits payment

*****CONTRACT MADE (??)*****

Customer waits for items
Kerry

6th Mar 05 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your right kenni but part of the contract that the company offers and the customer agrees to is the terms and conditions of which you all were aware of and accepted when placing the order. If you wernt made aware of the terms then it would be a different matter

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 28 inch TV's 28 quid, i've bought 3, think they fucked up! 22 database queries in 0.1975441 seconds