corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Gear Linkage People, come inside

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gear Linkage People, come inside
Coopers_Corsa

User status: Offline
   18th Feb 05 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right then, was driving down the road normally one sunny afternoon, n a rover 220 tomcat gets up my arse, i pulled over n he flew off, as they do, so i put my foot down, kept up with him for a while n then he turned off. neways go back to being mr sensible driver i realise my gears are all messed up, n when i got to work i realised i had no reverse either. 1st gear was where reverse should be, to get second i had to lift up the lil reverse lever n go into second position, third n forth were ok, n had no fifth either. so i reset the gear linkage today, using the drill bit in the gearbox n undo the pinch bolt etc etc. all gears went back ok, reverse, 1st, 2nd, 3rd n 4th are all where they should be but ive still got no fifth. so its going into vauxhall tomorrow, ne1 got ne ideas what it might be before it goes in tomorrow.

also my actual gear lever. when its in neutral and you move it to the left (between 1st n 2nd gear, not in any gear, jus left in the middle) it like springs back to the middle, however, when you do this to the right hand side it jus stays at the right hand side. dunno if its got anything to do with not getting fifth gear.

any help is good help people cheerz
Rileysport

18th Feb 05 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you wedge the gear lever in 1/2nd neutral plane ?
Coopers_Corsa

18th Feb 05 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, put a 4mm allen key through both holes, one by the gear knob and one on the yellow thing at the side to lock it in place in the 1st/2nd gear plane.
RCS

18th Feb 05 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the same problem. Tried resetting it myself but I couldn't get 5th gear! The new linkgage costs 100 and then you've got fitting costs on top of that!
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Feb 05 at 17:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get under the car and look how it works, then have a play about adjusting it. Its not difficult to make small adjustments, go out for a drive, make some more adjustments etc.
BromleyBoy

18th Feb 05 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

na just play about you gota make sure the box is in neutral,if you use the hole to hold it to the side and the box is in neutral it doesnt allow it to move across enough to go into R,get someone to hold the gear lever in N and make sure the box is,nip the bolt up and try it,is jsut a case of messing about(if its the linkage that isnt set properly)
Richie

18th Feb 05 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haynes manual is daft, you dont need to use the drill bit in the gearbox. You just wiggle the selector lever and push the retaining plug until it pops in to hold it still

New Poll