corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Opening bonnet without release.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Opening bonnet without release.
Dave

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 05 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you open a Corsa bonnet without pulling the release lever in the car? If this poses some kind of security risk feel free to u2u me instead.

Also it doesn't really matter if the bonnet gets damaged in the process as long as nothing else around does.
ed

22nd Jan 05 at 03:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can jack the front of the car up and reach up into the engine bay and grab the cable going to the release. If you pull on it har enough then you can release the bonnet and open it as usual. If that doesnt work, cut some holes in the bonnet where the hinges are welded on and where the clip is welede on, if you really don't care about breakin the bonnet.
waynep

22nd Jan 05 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can fit my hand thru the grill and pop it open
Dave

22nd Jan 05 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorted it, managed to lock a pair of grips on the linkage from underneath, cheers.

New Poll