corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » DOOR MODS (interior)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author DOOR MODS (interior)
DJ Compassion

User status: Offline
29th Dec 04 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im thinking of doing some interior mods to my 1.4 16v smoke grey corsa

i want to mod the doors first...

1) spray the boring plastic blue
2) cover the doors fabric in sliver

ive got a basic idea of how to do this, but can anyone give me some "previous experience" advice.

Cheers

also any ideas about the seats?
ed

29th Dec 04 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, read the FAQ section
DJ Compassion

29th Dec 04 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheres that
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

29th Dec 04 at 23:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spraying is straight forward, just make sure you get a very clean and smooth surface before applying any paint!

As for re-trimming........... I have used a spray adhesive small, and applyed small sections at a time, make sure the material can be stretched slightly as this helps fit around the curves of the door cards:

Heres mine: Trimmed in Black Alcantara and sprayed with BMW titanium silver

Took me a while to do but get alot of satisfaction out of seeing it when its complete, also done interior plastics and gonna tackle the headlining next!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Nic Barnes

30th Dec 04 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how did you do the sections then? thinking of doing mine in leather you see? just cut parts out, mate then up. cn youy see the joins at all?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

30th Dec 04 at 00:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
how did you do the sections then? thinking of doing mine in leather you see? just cut parts out, mate then up. cn youy see the joins at all?

No mate sorry......... i glued small sections at a time but it is one piece not lots of pieces! reading what i wrote didnt make sense!

If you glued a large section it was setting and had creases in so doing little sections allows you time to stretch the material where you need it and brush out any creases!

[Edited on 30-12-2004 by Daniel_Corsa]

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Nic Barnes

30th Dec 04 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like a mosaic if you pardon the dumbed down effect???

New Poll