corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Amping 6x9s

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Amping 6x9s
Matty L

User status: Offline
7th Dec 04 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've amped up all speakers now, front infinity 6500cs components, rear 6x9s and pioneer sub...2 amp in total.What do people mean when they say "its pointless amping the 6x9s, because they dont get alot of use"
Richie

8th Dec 04 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats usually said to people on a budget wanting as much sound as they can get. The money would be better spent amping the front components for them.

If you got the cash to go, then amp the 6x9's if you feel its necessary. You may find that it will cause trouble with your sub unless you move their location or use a high pass filter on them.

Like ive said before, subs and 6x9's in the parcel shelf is never a good mix.
AdiSRI

8th Dec 04 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u insist on having 6x9's then an amp is a GOOD thing as it will give you greater control over the filters than a hu, normally people wil cut off the top of the trebble from the rear aswell and just have them for a bit of mid/vocal fill.
danny boyo

8th Dec 04 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why arnt they a good mix then wats wrong with 6x9s in the parcel shelf aswell as subs ?
AdiSRI

8th Dec 04 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6x9, will be distorted by the air movement of the sub, its noticalbe if u are interested inSQ in any way.
Smick

8th Dec 04 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you disconnect you 6*9s and leave them in the parcel shelf, then turn up the volume you will see the 6*9s moving as if they were wired in.

This is what happens when you do have them wired in, the 6*9 speakers will be fighting against this pressure and trying to move in different ways to the sub that is below them.

Thats the theory of it anyways.

I did have 6*9s in my parcel shelf with subs below and TBH I didnt think it was that bad @ all. Distortion did occur sometimes (that I could hear anyways) when you had the head unit up past ¾ volume and also depended on what song it was. Unless you are listenin for distortion you wouldnt really notice.

If you are wanting to get it all set up properly with good SQ I would do as these guys say though, they know what they r talkin about (well the majority do anyways!)

At the end of the day its you that is going to be listenin to it so if your happy then it doesnt really matter what anyone else says IMO.
AdiSRI

9th Dec 04 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its true its not hugely noticable, i was one of the 6x9 in parcel shelf people a while back, it wasnt until i changed the front components to a good set with a good amp and removed the 6x9 that i realised wat a difference it can make.
Matty L

9th Dec 04 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdiSRI
its true its not hugely noticable, i was one of the 6x9 in parcel shelf people a while back, it wasnt until i changed the front components to a good set with a good amp and removed the 6x9 that i realised wat a difference it can make.

Do you not notice the lack of sound in back?
Smick

9th Dec 04 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol ur sittin in the front mate, dont worry bout the ppl in the back!

Besides they will be too busy tryin to breathe, the subs directly behind them will be beatin the shit outa their ribs.

Bn serious tho, I did notice a difference in sound from the back. Havnt got my fronts amped yet tho so maybe it will improve when that happens.

[Edited on 09-12-2004 by Smick]
AdiSRI

9th Dec 04 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it sounds better IMO with the sound infront, and one set of good speakers amped is more than loud enuff for anyone, i hardly ever play mine near full its very loud and theres no need.
Cosa Pete

10th Dec 04 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I must add that it does hurt having a sub or two or more behind ya in the back of ya mota. For a laugh i tried it out in mine running two 10'' JL V6 subs each off there own 500/1 amps and fuck me. Now i know what a heeartattack feels like or when you have really bad gut rot. Everything moved. So i can see where the conection is with 6x9's in the shelf etc etc....so what can ya run in ya self insted then as seen some small round things
Dom

10th Dec 04 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh, if your worried about the people in the back, wack some 5" coxials in the rear cards or parcel shelf if you must and run them off your HU output
Cosa Pete

10th Dec 04 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well my new corsa currently is being re-sprayed body shell only. There 5 of us working on her, one doing the sound other all the other gubbings. it's only gonna be a 2 seater now so i think an aray of subs will be fitted..
AdiSRI

10th Dec 04 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly if u have to have it in the rear cards they go, but i still dont see a need for them...

New Poll