corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » bit of a problem!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bit of a problem!!!
calidus

User status: Offline
7th Oct 04 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite my car nas the infamous c16xe lump in that I keep goingon bout- and its had an idling problem for a while, the revs are all over the place and it suffers some flatspots, I sent adam-d a cheque for an air flow meter(still awaiting a u2u though ) and ive fitted new plugs and im gonna get new leads and a new lambda sensor and Ive tried a new idle control valve

Anyways it goes and dies on me a couple of times when waiting in traffic, no biggy I fort, but I was backing up to go into a parking spot and it just cut out, tried firing her up and something went pop/bang on the drivers side near the wing n smelt funny and some smoke came out, and the car died
tried again and it did the same

I came out from work and took wheel off and arch lining to check the canister in there but it looks fine, so I put it bk together and the car is running same as it did b4, revs all over the place n several flatspots, can anyone help me or am I gonna have to wait for the all important air flow meter?
Joff

7th Oct 04 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you've not got an airflow meter, then it's going to be running like turd anyway.
calidus

7th Oct 04 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have got one but im replacing it in case its at fault, im just waiting for adam-d to send it me or confirrm my cheque got to him or something as he aint responded to me even tho hes been on the boards
Joff

7th Oct 04 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you hooked it up to Tech2? It'll cost £35+vat or whatever, but might help narrow it down to a problem or at least if a sensor is out.
calidus

7th Oct 04 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will go see someone tomoro I think just dont want any more explosions
calidus

8th Oct 04 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone else suggest anything? please?
Greasemonkey

8th Oct 04 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THe pop bang is just blow back through the inlet sustem, it will be coming from ya cone filter, no big problem, check that there isnt a hole in the inlet trunking this will caus eyou symptoms, and you can do a fault test on a C16XE with paper clip, put the standard air box on too, check its not hot air from engine fooking with the revs
Greasemonkey

8th Oct 04 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh ya aint got a Vauxhall alarm have ya, mine played havoc with my engine, cutting out all the time etc, after a year or so had the alarm removed as a last resort and hey presto car was fixed
calidus

8th Oct 04 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers dude will try checking it, gonna read up on the paper clip test methinks. when I turn the ignition on, the idle control valve(well think thats it) is whirring away like its on all the time even when engine aint running - wierd eh? something down that way is whirring anyways. car does the pop n cuts out though, is it anything to do with the canister in the wing as thats supposed to have a valve to the inlet i believe?
Greasemonkey

8th Oct 04 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the canister has a lavle that runs from the fuel tank vent valve on the side of the upper inlet manifold.
The wiring is something my car has think its nothing to worry about matey, i would do a compression test wet and dry, show us the results, but it does sound electrical, ya could do with borrowing another ECU to try or summit
calidus

8th Oct 04 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer I know dude, im just gonna put the old idle contraol valve bk on n see how it behaves- still aint got a word from adam-d bout the air flow meter and hes been on several times since I u2ud him i tried changing the plugs b4 it was going pop as I fort that, because it was over fuelling(black smoke at top of rev range) n there was flat spots, the plugs mite have got quite worn and sooted up, now i wish i hadnt bort em lol but theyre funky bosch ones with 4 electrode bits on instead of the standard 2! which i fort was ace, even though they cannot be seen
calidus

8th Oct 04 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh does anyone know if the x16xe and c16xe lumps use the same plugs? just a worry I had as the listings in car shops aint v specific
calidus

8th Oct 04 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just put it together and now the one fuel line is leaking grrrrr will try sort that out-still idling all over the place too
broster
Premium Member

8th Oct 04 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by calidus
oh does anyone know if the x16xe and c16xe lumps use the same plugs? just a worry I had as the listings in car shops aint v specific

believe they do
calidus

8th Oct 04 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okies thats kewl then...just gonna try stop me fuel line leaking(mite not be done up properly then try using the car...anyone else wanna help me shed some lite on the problem? im finking its not serious its just a sensor or a component not behaving properly
Greasemonkey

8th Oct 04 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im still thinking maybe an air leak
calidus

8th Oct 04 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well its doing the same and I think its got an air leak to the bk of the engine, posibly the inlet trunking u mentioned to me ages ago that u had problems with.dont know of any easy ways to look really though.do you have any of your old plastic trunking i could buy and maybe inlet manifold?
ainsley_brader

8th Oct 04 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

calidus, if you pop to woodhall spa tomorrow am i will plug it into computer for you . Cant guarantee a cure but will try!
calidus

8th Oct 04 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not in lincoln tomoro bud im at a rubbishy boring gaymosexual wedding that I cant get out of grrrrrrrrr.i said i was defo going-not thinking my car wud need me to nurse it bk to health cheers for the offer tho dude, mite limp it up during the week if I can have a nosey at ur lump too
RobHayes

8th Oct 04 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is a shame i didnt get no spare sensors amongst my random crap mate, else we cud of tried em all
ainsley_brader

8th Oct 04 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine needs throttle position sensor
calidus

8th Oct 04 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bummer dude- thats not the same problem im having is it? hope not! i got me cheque to adam-d hes waiting for it to clear then despatchin it, its looking more and more like I got a hole in the plastic inlet trunk to the bk of the engine, will have a look sunday when im bk in lincoln.is a sensor expensive mate?
Ant

9th Oct 04 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a hole in my inlet trunkin once! confirmed it by sprayin carb cleaner round the intake system, if the engine note changes it is sucking the carb cleaner in so ther must be a hole.
calidus

9th Oct 04 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will try giving it a go...guess this is more expense this month argh! got a few things i wanna buy sooooooo guess theylly have to go on hold- well some of em
calidus

10th Oct 04 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

halfway thru removing the top half of the inlet manifold and cant get to the one sodding bolt grrrrrrrrrrr. Im hoping that the long plastic trunk at the bk of the engine which plays part of the long inlet route is the part thats at fault-well, im praying lol. the idle control valve is still whirring away when the ignition is turned on, and thats without turning the engine over sooooooooooo dont know if thats normal or not. wot do u guys think?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll